ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Script the tools?

Script the tools?

Is it possible to sctipt the tools, so they can appear in the recording?

I believe they had decided to leave them out, because keeping track of them bloated the file sizes to much.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

So if I understand correctly, they can make a script that can record, too, the tools, making them visible.

Now, which results in a larger estimated file size, to writte the script itself resulting in a bloated script? or the script so programmed, will record bloated large arscripts files?

Either way, it would be a tremendous breakthrough to have a script that recorded, too, the tools and their movements. This would be really trusted what you're doing. Without this feature in a while, we no longer remember how that movement and with which tool he was done.

Andy, what about?

While the cursor position isn't tracked, the tools being used should show up in the tool picker panel (as long as you have opened), so at least the user knows what tools are being used. Tips and Notes can also be used to point out certain habits, and tricks.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Someone thanks for your prompt reply. I understand what you say. You're right, the used tools do appear in their proper places as soon as they are used (I had not realized that). But it would be a show if they also appear on the canvas during the performance of a painting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lima View Post
    Someone thanks for your prompt reply. I understand what you say. You're right, the used tools do appear in their proper places as soon as they are used (I had not realized that). But it would be a show if they also appear on the canvas during the performance of a painting.
    If we only had one choice, I would prefer playback which didn't show the tool. However, it would be nice to be able to toggle the tool being visible in the script itself.

A small icon of the currently used tool would do the job. Of course such things should be provided by the script player and not by the script file. Nice idea.

We do have some notes on additions we want to make to the scripting system, and having the ability to display more of what was done during playback is high on that list. At the moment, the current tool being used should be visible in the tool picker, and its settings visible in the tool settings panel if you have that open, but we are looking to expand on this in the future.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.