ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Mountain View

A Mountain View

Hope you like this one, gosh this new knife is great
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mountain view.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	261.9 KB 
ID:	58350  
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Superb Katie looks very much like traditional paint
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

Ms Coops, these colors are so very rich. I think that most painters would have been content with a narrower bandwidth of color than you have chosen.

I myself might have stopped before going as far as you have, and I consider myself a colorist. I think perhaps one of the reasons is because I customarily would mix my paint on the palette as opposed to such interesting broken and in-between colors happening by the brushwork. And you've not overworked the blending where it would become over-mixed and neutralized (dead in spots). The colors remain high key and rich. And that spells optical activity on the canvas that's not out of control or brash, but like smooth ripples in a stream.

It also allows for much to experience through a picture not employing a lot of details. I can see what you're getting at -- there's sufficient detail for that, but the color then becomes the star of the show. Feels like an interpretation, as could be experienced through the realm of dance. And as such it has a special stylized life within it, something that can only really be seen that way.

And so it's all fresh to me. And very uplifting. Brava!!!!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Just enough detail to make this a rich and interesting painting...and I agree with you...the loaded knife is great !!!
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

I love when you can see the stroke of the brush. Very nice flow and composition. Reminds me of the foothills of the Olympic Mountains.
    P.D. Dinkles
    El Jefe Bombero (jubilado)

Lovely Katie.. Well done.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Love the brush strokes, you are so talented.
    Geoff

Great brush work Katie, it's a painting to dream by

Thank you very much for your kind comments Amanda
    Mr Akey, I am blushing with delight at your wonderful comments and insight to what you see in a painting. Such comments make me want to paint better and better and I thank you for your kindness.
    Steve, P.D., Barnburner, Geoff and Jean your kind comments are much appreciated
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

I like this landscape very much. It's simple, but very atmospheric. A bit threatening, but not idyllic at all. This was intended, I think