ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Vase 109

Vase 109

Here I offer yet another vase. I have been trying to get the flatness out of my paintings. I also produced some symmetry by sketching the vase and erasing the vertical side I did not want. I then copied, pasted, and flipped the good side and brought them together symmetrically. Then I filled the vase with as much paint as I could and moved the paint around with the smudge knife(?) to form a darker core and a lighter edge. I can sense the curve of the vase.

Otherwise, I have writer's/painter's block. My Mom has these Antiquity and Christie's catalogs with lots of early civilization figurines and pots, etc. I am thinking of using them as references to work on depth. But I just don't know if I have an eye for that third dimension. I told my friend and co-conspirator, GXHPainter who was checking up on me, that I am probably three dimensionally dyslexic in eleven dimensional hyper space. Kind of like not knowing up from down, but worse...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vase 109.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	221.1 KB 
ID:	58328  
    P.D. Dinkles
    El Jefe Bombero (jubilado)

PD ah i sense a Chihuly glass here.... a wonderful glass sheen and rich colors a break through work!....

Have you ever been to his museum in Tacoma. His stuff is other-worldly. Color, dimension, shape in the extreme. Thanks for the comparison with Chihuly's work.
    P.D. Dinkles

Oh yes I have seen a couple of his exhibitions in Seattle , Tacoma and Portland...

Excellent !!! I think this is the best one in the series !!!
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Thanks Semd74. Your comment was much appreciated.
    P.D. Dinkles

I'm not sure the background is the best one, but the vase here is absolutely superb and original!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thank you Caesar. No background. Did not want to detract from the third dimension I tried to capture.
    P.D. Dinkles