ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Sticker Brush - Eraser ?

Sticker Brush - Eraser ?

Apologies if this has been suggested already

It would be awesome if any sticker brush could be made to function as an eraser opening up the application to scratchboard and linocut types of work.

Thanks for your consideration
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

I totally agree! Scratchboard/woodcut/linocut knife would be great, and helpful in my work.

Scratch Board Style is Easy on AR

One of the first pieces I did on AR was a scratchboard style .... mainly because a couple of friends were doing 'the real thing' and I loved the effect. Bottom Layer - white, second layer black, then eraser down to 1 or two pixels (depending on size of work) and full pressure. Works a treat!

Woodcut works the same, just with a bigger size eraser. But, I would like some more variety in the eraser as well. Photoshop allows you to use any brush shape from your collection as an eraser, so I have to go across to PS to do that.

I also use two layers: one filled indo black and one where draw in white with the inking pen tool.
    For rubber lack the ability to vary the stroke width to the pressure.

Definitely the Eraser is the one to use. I've got a Wacom Intuos 4, and at 1 or 2 pixels, the pressure of the pen dictates the depth of colour.