ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Jazz stuff

More Jazz stuff

Life has been dragging me in different directions lately and I have not been doing much art using ArtRage.

I have been developing some new ideas in my physical acrylics that might be of interest to some of you. Below is a recent painting and a closeup detail showing a new splashy method I'm using. The painting is a bit washed out from being photographed under some gallery lighting. Included as well is the original digital "sketch."

Recently, I started doing some outdoor art fairs -- Photo of my booth below. Some of my prints from ArtRage paintings are the best selling items -- along with T-Shirts made from digital paintings as well.

I also tend to oscillate from playing music as a primary focus to painting ("Primary" meaning when I'm not otherwise engaged in my day job of saving the newspaper industry.) For any interested here is a link to a YouTube video of a recent performance by the jazz trio I'm in. We play largely originals written by the guitarist and myself. (Don't be put off by the short bass intro -- song swings at about 40 seconds in)

http://youtu.be/-CJ8j3LzkYc

Best wishes -- Al
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JAzz Dripsm.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	412.3 KB 
ID:	58236   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jazzdripclose.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	427.7 KB 
ID:	58237  
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by alkratzer; 07-26-2011 at 01:56 PM.

You certainly don't lack in initiative, dear mate and I'm really impressed by Your splashing style which seems to take the painting out of a flat plane and gather and reflect backs lights and colors, thus becoming an onbject in the world rather than a mere representation or interpretation of it.
    Best wishes for all Your interests (and newspaper industry saving task).
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I like the bright colors and style in these paintings. Delightful.

Al, these are really beautiful works of art, colors are so vibrant, like them a lot

WOW so amazing how you use the same color palette in different paintings !

Wow Al you sound busy, but its all creative outlets by the sound of it so a wonderful busy perhaps ?

You're Real Life acrylics are absolutely sensational... i adore that second piece.

The booth looks beautiful... do you take along some recordings of your music to get the punters in the spirit ?

Hehe on saving the newspaper industry, you must feel a bit like Sisyphus
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

What a powerful palette and theme! Very jazzy and beautifully composed. Saw the video and liked the song. The jazz comes through on your artwork..................TJ

As always Al brilliant work that I enjoy viewing so very very much. Thanks for an explosion of colour which relates to the wonderful music you are portraying
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Thanks everyone for your encouragement. Saving the newspaper industry is a dirty job, but somebody has to do it. After I fix that little problem I'll move on to the issue helping jazz knock rap and rock off the top of the charts and become the most listened to style of music again as it was in the 1930s.

Al

Fantastic display Al, and fantastic works. Love them all.
    The other night I turned on our local radio station. The music was fantastic. I felt as if I were pulled back in time-the music was just as you described, and since then, they haven't played it. I've been searching on the internet, but don't know what name to search for.