ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Postage Stamp Sized Layer Panel????

Postage Stamp Sized Layer Panel????

Can anyone help me with why my Layer panel seems stuck at this very small size? When I open it, and add Layers, it remains at the default size. Doesn't appear to be anyway to stretch it bigger to see all the layers.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi Buz,

You might need to read User Manual section about Panels if you didn't do it yet. (Page 18-19 English edition for Studio Pro)

Generally speaking, you can resize that by dragging the title-bar with the mouse while [Ctrl] key is pressed down at the same time.

Hello Strandy,

Thank you for this. I did make an effort at finding the answer in the manual .... but ..... obviously was not successful.

I suppose I should just stop and read the manual before proceeding.

Is that all that you can see of the layer panel (referring to your attached image), or did you crop it? You should see a lot more then that (see attached image). I've included some notes for working the Layer Panel below. Maybe it'll help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layerpanelchanges.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	58228
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

If your screenshot shows all you can see of the layer panel, try deleting your preferences (Edit Menu, ArtRage Preferences, reset the preferences from the menu button in the prefs panel) and restarting the application. If that still shows a problem, quit the application and relaunch it.

Could you let me know which operating system you're using? This may relate to a bug that has shown up when running on OS X 10.7 that we're just sortig out now.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

We're currently working through a panel sizing problem on OSX Lion and should have an update available soon to solve it.

In the meantime from the ArtRage menu bar, open the 'View' menu, and select 'Reset All Panel Scales'. Any panel that is open that has a problem should default to a more reasonable size.

The ArtRage 3.5.1 update will be released shortly which will address this and some other bugs. Given the huge amount of change which has been done in the ArtRage code for the 3.5 release, we're actually quite pleased at the stability and small number of bugs that made it out into the wild.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

ArtRage Studio & Studio Pro 3.5.1 have been released and they contain changes to improve panel performance on OSX Lion. Details can be found here.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

@Someonesane - thanks for the graphics. I think I found them all except the Cont, Left, Drag of the top bar, that helps alot.

@Mattrage - yeah, that was all I could see of the Layers panel. That is how it appeared after clicking it's button.

@Mattrage and Andyrage - I am using Lion (Mac OS 10.7) atm, was one of the seed testers and never migrated back after the release. So this could well be the panel (pallet) size issue.

I'll mess around with the preferences and panel resetting - see if there are issues closing and reopening the program, see if the panels will 'stick'.

Thank you for the replies.