ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: OS X Lion problems

OS X Lion problems

I upgraded to Lion last week, and keep stumbling over an issue with ArtRage Studio Pro (3.5) on multiple monitors.

I tend to have windows like the tool settings, samples and layers on different monitors to my main work screen, but since upgrading to Lion, some of these just show up as large grey blocks - or sometimes they don't show up at all.

The behaviour seems to be inconsistent as occasionally the windows will return if I select 'View > Reset All Panel Scales' but even then, they'll often appear on the main screen with a large grey block next to them. It normally takes about 10 minutes of randomly resetting scale, changing tool, dragging windows around etc to get things back to how they should be - I can't find a consistent way to solve the problem.

I suspect that the problem is partly down to my hardware combination being unusual - I'm working on a Mac Pro with two video cards and four monitors (this is my main software development machine so not exactly your average setup) and the problem occurs when ArtRage tries to draw a window on a screen driven by the secondary video card.

Has anybody else come across anything similar? Is there a solution?

Oh, and going back to full-screen after being windowed results in the bottom part of the screen not being updated - you have to move the image around or move the mouse pointer over the tool and colour pickers to get them to show up properly... Seems like there's a problem with drawing to the displays since the Lion update.

(And I just spent another 10 minutes getting the tool setting window to show up - finally did it by selecting another tool, hiding and showing the palette and then resetting the scale. It popped up correctly on a different monitor - one I've never had it on before - and was then fine. The same procedure didn't work earlier, though - seems completely random.)

We're just testing an update that we hope to release shortly that addresses some panel problems that have been found when running in Lion. Panel sizes and positions should be addressed, specifically the possibility for panels to be the wrong size and blank when opening, and panels resetting their positions after closing and reopening.

The screen update issue is one we're looking in to, but in the meantime as a workaround you can redraw the entire ArtRage window by clicking the window titlebar, or if you are full screen by right clicking and dragging the canvas to refresh areas.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

The update has been released and can be downloaded from the Member Area. Details can be found here.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.