ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: 3.5 speed boost not to all things?

3.5 speed boost not to all things?

I've noticed a pretty big jump in speed in a number of tools in AR 3.5

A hearty thanks for this!

but in the palette knife (the one all the way to the left) it doesn't seem to have gotten as big a boost as the other palette knives.

why should this be?

Used to be the water color palette knife was the most dog-slow, but now it almost seems like the fastest.

ALSO

With the tech pen, I am seeing something I saw in 308: meaning, you draw with the pen and about 2-3 seconds after your stroke, you see it form a taper and get smooth.

Wasn't there discussion about how the pen ought to do this as you draw?

thanks!

a
    Last edited by archer; 07-25-2011 at 10:37 AM.

Because the tools all work differently, some will get larger speed boosts from the multithreading system than others. You may find that the basic palette knife gets a smaller boost, but I haven't checked that specifically.

Regarding the ink pen - The smoothing and tapering functions apply as a post process as they did in 3.0.8. Tapering in particular needs to know the overall length of the stroke before it can calculate the length of the taper.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.