ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Member area won't let me in!!!!!!!

Member area won't let me in!!!!!!!

gosh this is frustrating!!! and a time sponge, too!!!!!!

I'm using INFORMATION SUPPLIED TO ME BY AMBIENT to get into the member area.

I've typed and pasted information and number after number after number after number.

I am told BY THE WEBSITE that my number has already been registered to ME.

Yet, I CAN NOT GET IN!!!!

what gives?????

why must this be such a gaunlet????

is this site broken???

please, PLEASE fix it!

a

why are you posting number after number after number? just curious.
    I have never had a problem.
    click on member area>
    then click on my products

it should show the serial numbers of your products and the products you have purchased.
    and allow you to download your product.

do you not see your list of products?

did you register your product?

why number after number?
    because it asks for my AR number which is a series of 4 or 5 groups of numbers which I have to copy and paste, copy and paste, etc.

the website will not accept the numbers I give it, tho they be FROM ambient supplied to me after I paid or registered, whatever the step.

the website tells me thatnumber is already registered to me (major DUH there!) yet will not let me:

into the site to grab 3.5

or

Download 3.5

from my machine where I use Artrage.

Tried this 3 times (hence the "number after number")

I have, and have given over every tidbit of information asked of me.

a

Your serial number is already registered, as you say. There is no need to enter the serial number again. If you do so, then yes, it won't allow you to register again.

1/ Log in ( using the same email address as you've provided in your forum account ),

2/ Click on 'My Products'

3/ You'll see your software listed on this page with its serial number and a download button beneath. Click the download button.

4/ Click the version you want to download from the list which appears. e.g. Windows EN ( English ).

5/ Your browser will ask you if you want to save or open the file. Choose to save it somewhere handy, then after the download is complete, double click it to install ArtRage.

I'm unable to reproduce any problem with the Member Area when I log in as you and download ArtRage. If you have any problems, please contact me directly at support@artrage.com with the exact text of any error message you're getting, and I'll be happy to help.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    Your serial number is already registered, as you say. There is no need to enter the serial number again. If you do so, then yes, it won't allow you to register again.

1/ Log in ( using the same email address as you've provided in your forum account ),

2/ Click on 'My Products'

3/ You'll see your software listed on this page with its serial number and a download button beneath. Click the download button.

4/ Click the version you want to download from the list which appears. e.g. Windows EN ( English ).

5/ Your browser will ask you if you want to save or open the file. Choose to save it somewhere handy, then after the download is complete, double click it to install ArtRage.

I'm unable to reproduce any problem with the Member Area when I log in as you and download ArtRage. If you have any problems, please contact me directly at support@artrage.com with the exact text of any error message you're getting, and I'll be happy to help.

All I know is this:

I went to the member area, and was asked for information, which I provided.

The webpage then gave me a message telling me I'm already registered.

This info doesn't help me!

If I'm already registered, then I should be golden and the gates to the temple should cleave open and let me in!

No information was given me about what I should do to proceed.

Example:

Hi, [User]! Your number is already registered. Click this link to proceed to members area: [Clickable Link Taking User to Member Area]

As it is now, it leaves me with confusion and no understanding of how to proceed.

It might be obvious to those who programmed the site, but it isn't to me.

thank you for your attention to this issue.

a

Did it work following the steps I provided?

If so, how were you accessing the Member Area differently from what I describe above? Once I know, I should be able to clarify or sort that out for you.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

I can't get it to do it again...not sure why.

I do have 2 computers here: one is my internet machine. It's slower than my main machine where I use Art Rage.

I just installed Lion (OS X) on my Art Rage machine and decided to install AR 3.08, then let AR pull down any updaters.

IIRC, I got Safari, and a page asking me for info, etc..

At some point I got tired of fooling around and decided to see if my slower "internet" mac would get me in there. It did.

sort of feels like it's computer-specific, the ease of getting into the member area.

I double and triple-checked my registration code and email I was registered under, and it all checked out, and ought to have worked on my Art Rage Mac.

that's about all I remember...hope it helps.

a

Thanks for that, that does help.

It sounds to me like you were accessing the Member Area via going to Help in ArtRage, then clicking 'News and Updates'. A new version was listed, so you clicked 'download new version'.

From here, there are two possibilities:

1/ You're already logged in to the Member Area, and you should see:

Update ArtRage

'You are logged in as <your email address>
    Registered Products

<Your registered versions of ArtRage are listed here with a download button beneath each>

( At this point, clicking the download button will allow you to download the latest version. )

Below this is: )Your Serial Number: Your ArtRage Studio/Studio Pro Serial Number is a 25 digit key that consists of numbers and letters split into groups of 5.
    For example: 12345-abcde-12345-abcde-12345.
    If you purchased ArtRage from us, you should have received an email containing your Serial Number along with the product download link. If you purchased ArtRage from another vendor or received it in a bundle with hardware and cannot find it, please use the Support Page for information on how to find it.

( You can ignore this bit however, this is only for users who haven't actually registered. They won't have any products listed or a download button, so we provide instructions on registering the key / serial number so that they can add the software to the download page )

2/ You're not logged in to the Member Area, and you should see:

'Please enter your account details below. If you do not have an account please use the Register link to register an account. When your account has been registered you can register your ArtRage Serial Number either on the My Products page or via the Help Menu of the application.
    If you have any problems logging in or registering your account please use the Support Page to search for answers or submit a support request.'

( Below this is a place to enter your email address and password to log in. After logging in, you should see the same page as described in 1/ and can download Artrage by clicking the download button. )

Pardon the rather wordy post! I'm just wondering if that was similar to what you saw. I've tried multiple browsers and get the same results in each so it shouldn't be a browser compatibility issue. If that's what you saw and you have any suggestions for any changes in presentation you feel would make it clearer, I'd be happy to take those into consideration.

We'll look at adding a note beneath the 'Update ArtRage' title, something like 'Your registered products are listed below, click the download button to download the latest version. If there are no items in the list, the instructions below will allow you to register ArtRage so you can download the latest version.' beneath the 'Update ArtRage' title in order to draw attention to the download button in case that relates to the confusion.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post

2/ You're not logged in to the Member Area, and you should see:

'Please enter your account details below. If you do not have an account please use the Register link to register an account. When your account has been registered you can register your ArtRage Serial Number either on the My Products page or via the Help Menu of the application.
    If you have any problems logging in or registering your account please use the Support Page to search for answers or submit a support request.'

( Below this is a place to enter your email address and password to log in. After logging in, you should see the same page as described in 1/ and can download Artrage by clicking the download button. )

I believe it was #2. New install of OS X which had never been used to access the Art Rage site. now, this is from hours' old memory, but I think I encountered a page asking me for my account info.

I don't recall the order, but one of the pages asked for email/forum registration code, and another page asked for my art rage serial number.

At some point I was told that my number was already registered to me, and I don't recall their being any link, button, or instruction on that page as to how to move forward.

I tried this whole thing 2-3 times before bailing and making the attempt on my old, internet computer.

When I did so, I breezed right on in, lickety split.

I wish I could provide you with the exact order of things, but otherwise, you have the details about what I saw.

a

Thanks Archer. If you have any future problems where you are on the Member Area and anything doesn't seem to make sense, please feel free to email me directly at support@artrage.com right away and I can take a look at it for you directly and assist.

If you encountered the page with the details on registering your key, the download button and your product ( e.g. ArtRage Studio Pro ) should've been listed above that, but we can look at making changes to attempt to draw more attention to that button when someone accesses that page.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design