ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unbelievable!

Unbelievable!

I was just checking out a video link on YouTube, that someone posted here. I look over at the "suggestions" list for other videos of interest, and spot my recently uploaded video. Not unusual... EXCEPT for the fact that it was listed twice. I thought, "Strange, someone must've added it to their channel play list to share it", right? So click on the link to check it out. BUT NO... It's not a fan, it's lousy hack trying to give away a cracked version of ArtRage, who ripped my video in order to try and gain attention to do it!

(EDIT) - In fact... He's apparently using two or three of my videos (and others peoples videos) to do the same thing for other stuff...
    Last edited by Someonesane; 07-23-2011 at 12:45 PM.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Mon that's so wrong.....

Sounds like a job for e-Ghost Busters. Lets find him/her and send our love.
    Perhaps they will convert back to reality.

Well it would help if you shared that person's channel link so I could see if he used any of my ArtRage videos. Then we could contact youtube and get him/her booted off.
    See ArtRage2.5 and 3.0 Studio Pro Tutorials:
    http://www.youtube.com/JudithTramayne
    or
    https://www.artrage.com/artragebasic.html

Children's Book - The Wonderful World of Wunks
    Written, illustrated, animated and narrated by Judith Tramayne

Quote Originally Posted by Judith Tramayne View Post
    Well it would help if you shared that person's channel link so I could see if he used any of my ArtRage videos. Then we could contact youtube and get him/her booted off.

I was hoping to get the thing taken down, without promoting the actual link. I'm not entirely sure, now, that the download attached to it, is actually ArtRage, because he's also taken my Drawing of Lee video, and put a download link on it, but there's no mention of exactly what is on the link. I'm certainly not going to open any of them, that's for sure. Could be nothing more than a virus.

This is the first video I discovered: http://youtu.be/EHKQFfh_RkY

Someonesane, first off, wow! Great videos you have done!!!!!

Second, why don't you take it up with the YouTube people. They must have a 'report abuses' contact method or something. Never fortunately had to deal with that myself. But I would be pounding down their doors. They can ban him/her I would think. Not quite following how that reporting them is not working for you.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Well, had I just discovered the issue earlier today. I did use report button, but I don't have much confidence in it (not many catagories for what the problem was). Will have to wait and see.

(Edit) -
    Someonesane, first off, wow! Great videos you have done!!!!!

Forgot to say thanks for that. Appreciate it
    Last edited by Someonesane; 07-23-2011 at 05:35 PM.

so sad
    hopefully youtube staff will do something about this!

good luck Someonesane, and please don't stop creating video tutorials for ArtRage because of this!
    your vids are well done and very helpful thank you

That's a really back handed compliment to your wonderful vids, Gaeton.

They are great examples and strengthen my contention that you should be involved in the creation of some more high profile project, where you get proper recognition for their excellence - maybe even some money. ???

How stupid is the guy to advertise his illegal distribution like that though? Will not the distributors of ArtRage go after him now in any case? Grrrrrrrr.
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

Quote Originally Posted by Nickillus View Post
    How stupid is the guy to advertise his illegal distribution like that though? Will not the distributors of ArtRage go after him now in any case? Grrrrrrrr.

I've actually informed the AR team of this sort of thing before (but this is the first time I've seen a person rip other peoples videos to do it), and they did take some measures to stop the pirating. Unfortunately, they had run into some issues with getting the video content itself, taken down. Meaning, they were able to kill the 3rd party links, which were hosting the pirated content, but the fuss of having the video itself removed, wasn't a viable solution.

To be honest, the ripping of my videos isn't really a big deal to me. It's a shame people do it, but as I've said in the past, if I really cared about the content of something, I would never put it online in the first place. It's to much of a grab bag. No... What concerns me here, is that my videos, one of which has my name displayed on it, is being used to promote an illegally distributed product. And it's a product created by a group of people I have a lot of respect for. Not cool...