Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Plum Pretty More Detail Per advice of D Akey

Really nice painting, love the strong colours.
    Geoff

I am making some corrections and will upload soon.

Thanks Steve and Geoff, I know it is truly an odd piece, all I can say is some times these things happen. lol.

Dear Steve, thank yea, I'm glad you found it purty.

Thumbs up

Sandy, this is wonderful, love the plum, the colours and especially that dewdrop it's perfect

I love this one Sandy. I agree with Skylar you have achieved a stunning just under the water surface effect.

You seem to get a tasty artpiece from even the least of the subjects, dear Sandra. This image is powerfully concrete and conceptually elegant.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Sandy, while I really like the first one, your "improved" version is even better. Superb job on the shadings on the plum, extremely realistic. The drops of water was a great touch! Well done.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Thanks dear Jean! I am so thrilled to have discovered how to make a dew drop after nearly pulling my hair out. Now I am afraid I will be dew drop crazy now on all of my paintings, from tears to flowers-haha! So happy you liked this one.

Thanks so much Sheila! This was fun. Some times it is best I think to just let go and let your imagination flow.

How kind of you Cesare, thank you!

Thanks so much Mike! Couldn't you just bite into the screen? I am so in love with ArtRage. The layers, the watercolor on heavy water, frosty knife, airbrush, crayon...all these things combined give such great effects.

Alexandra... what an interesting image... almost surreal or fantastic in its subject matter.. Mr D Akey is a remarkable help and we are all the better for his honest and accurate assessments of our works... the second effort shows how that helps... it is fantastic.. the soft matte quality and deep purples and the water drops really really nice....

very well done, the plum looks soooo yummy