ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Toggle behaviour

Toggle behaviour

I'd like to see some toggle behaviour for keyboard shortcuts on some tools as it is so much quicker.

This paradigm is already used for hiding and showing panels etc

Some examples.

1) Canvas zoom:Zoom in, press D to reset view -> Press D again to return to previous state

2) Eraser: Press E for eraser -> Press E to return to previous tool
    Charlie

ArtRage for Art | EnergyXT2 for Music | Blender for 3D

I can't recall if there was a particular reason for not having them as a toggle, since I've suggested the next two before, but just to keep idea fresh... I'd like to see the following as a toggle, rather then needing two separate shortcuts to perform the actions:
    Hide/Show all References

Hide/Show all Stencils
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

I think we do have the ability to set our own shortcuts in Edit, Set Keyboard Shortcuts. You can change the ones the Rage boys have set to anything you want.

Since we all want our shortcuts to suit our way of painting, I believe it's the best solution.
    See ArtRage2.5 and 3.0 Studio Pro Tutorials:
    http://www.youtube.com/JudithTramayne
    or
    https://www.artrage.com/artragebasic.html

Children's Book - The Wonderful World of Wunks
    Written, illustrated, animated and narrated by Judith Tramayne

Quote Originally Posted by Judith Tramayne View Post
    Since we all want our shortcuts to suit our way of painting, I believe it's the best solution.
    Yes, we can set our shortcuts. But, in my case, I'd like to see these shortcuts work in a toggle fashion. In other words, I'd like to be able to hit my "R" key to hide any reference images I have visible, then hit that same key again, to show them once more. As it is now, it takes two keys, or a combination of keys, for this (One shortcut to hide the references, then a completely different one, to show them). The toggle feature for showing/hiding the Tracing image, is an example of how I feel they should work, where I hit "T", and my Tracing image goes away. I hit "T" again, and the tracing is shown, once more.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Not to mention that a toggle behaviour would also free up keyboard shortcuts.
    Charlie

ArtRage for Art | EnergyXT2 for Music | Blender for 3D