ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Ocean Fun

Ocean Fun

Here is one I had alot of fun creating - at least it was pleasing to my eye...giggle!

Funny I know it's not a professional artist portrayal but for 5 minutes of work it made me smile. And yet, I know it's another style that I need more in depth knowledge of...seriously we need ArtRage school of Art!

Blessings,
    GigiCharm
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice image and I agree that we need an AR school of art !!!
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

This is truly wonderful both as style and as palette!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

This is actually a type of painting technique called pointillism developed by Georges Seurat. The idea is to paint dots of pure colors in a pattern to create an image.

While it seems it wasn't a very popular type of style when it was first discovered, there are a few famous folks (Vincent Van Gogh among one of them...) out there who did try the style out. I think it's an interesting way to paint.

Long as it's fun, and enjoyable, that is the important part... You say it wasn't professional, but technically... it was and you had no need of school to find it. This is also a style I have not attempted, but would probably find challenging as I really really enjoy my palette knife.

I like the colors used, very summer-feeling.

gigicharm - I like this the colors , design are wonderful!....if you aren't having fun painting what is the point ( unless you are a professional and making your living at it ) so follow your heart and instincts... and paint, paint ,paint..

Quite delighful to the eyes too.

I like it. It has a very pleasing quality to it, and a very nice use of color.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Very nice
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/