ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Waste of Time - Load Painting DOESN'T WORK

Unhappy Waste of Time - Load Painting DOESN'T WORK

Seems I been sold a pup. I just spent 6 hours making a painting and printed a test. Happy for the moment and needing a break. I tried a new painting and then realised I could make some changes I went to load my original work and find error after error; An error occurred on attempting to read/write data from/to a file stream. File=sunbathing Layer = 0 One layer does appear in the layers panel but even when visible it is invisible. This is the second such error I have encountered since buying this 'UPGRADE' yesterday. At first I thought the extra tools were worth having, now it seems I have wasted money and much of my time. The last error was it refusing to load .jpg with a generic error similar to the above. I have found similar problems on the forum unresolved so I wonder is this a beta? Using XP SP3 2Gb Ram. 3.5.0 Studio What a waste of time and money Oh this forum edit sucks as it removes my formatting so much for wisiwig
    Last edited by Juncs; 07-20-2011 at 12:12 AM.

Well after a reboot the file did load but only after reporting the same error but only once this time.

I do have a problem though, can I trust an app that is so unstable. That appears to save corrupt files and will not load images that I can load into Photoshop and preview in windows?

I liked ArtRage 2 it worked every time.

Can you share the jpg you are trying to load? Or the PTG file that is damaged?

Sorry but the forum up loader would not work as a Security Token was missing. So prety much like the program, faulty.

I'm beginning to think you have the Midas touch for busting pretty much anything.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

I agree SOS...seems we have one who does nothing but whine and complain...
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Juncs

Sorry to hear that you have a problem with the new 3.5 version. First, if I may suggest something to you respectfully as I know that you are upset.

If you encounter a problem, ask for assistance, state the exact problem encountered with all relevant data, but never just dive in and insult people and give us nothing solid to go on or you wont get anything.

We are a dedicated group of artists here and are most helpful to anyone except those that are acting like a child with a broken toy. No sympathy here.

You need to learn the program before you blame it for not doing what you think it should do. We don't read minds either.

Try again as a human being talking to other human beings who would like to assist you. or not, your choice.

Hi Juncs,

The ArtRage team is very good about responding to problems. In the meantime, I suggest you download a fresh copy of the installation file from the Members area and re-install. Your original installer may have been corrupted during download.

Also, I personally would not add canvases or any other resources directly to the ArtRage installation folder. I would add multiple files by selecting Tools: User Content: Open Paper Grains Folder (or whichever folder is apropriate). Create a new folder or use an existing one, and put the files in that folder. (Note that these folders are located in your user settings directory.) Exit ArtRage, and re-open it to ensure that ArtRage has a chance to detect the new resources.

Good luck!

@Bobbyray: nicely put!
    Last edited by terrygillooly; 07-20-2011 at 08:59 AM.
    Cat Boxes, a web comic

Smile

My apologies to you all. I was having a good day until I came across these problems and as I got over one another would arise, escalating my blood pressure as I went.

Like other forums I'm used to I thought this area would be seen by the authors and they might respond. But I was very angry I admit.

All I wanted to do was paint today not fight the software.

Apologies once again.

Sorry to hear you're having problems. I sent you an email yesterday in response to your query about loading images, asking for some more details and also a copy of the image you're having trouble importing, as we can't duplicate the problem there. We've also sent you responses today when you contacted us. We check the forums daily ( New Zealand time ) and answer all support requests.

I am not aware of any unresolved problems with importing images or loading them as tracing images into ArtRage, as I deal with the majority of support for the software but I'll be more than happy to help solve whatever issue you're having there. Please email me back at support@artrage.com when you can with the answers to the questions in the email I sent you, and the relevant file if possible so that I can help you directly.

The forum editing will depend on the browser you're using, some browsers don't support the wysiwyg editor for vbulletin ( the standard forum system we use ). I'd be happy to look at that as well with you, but it's probably most worthwhile dealing with any problems you're having using ArtRage first.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design