ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: New Forum Category for Gallery

New Forum Category for Gallery

Perhaps The AR Forum might consider a new category (described in red, with explanatory ideas in blue)

Gallery (A) as exists now
    A place to show off your work!
    (suggested definition = [95 to 100%] Artrage)

Gallery (B)
    A place to show off hybrid works ( i.e. where both AR and various other software program(s) are used in combination as part of the creative process
    (suggested definition = 25% or more Artrage)

Art Projects
    Create or participate in one of the community's art projects!

Critique
    Post images for constructive criticism, suggestions, and technique advice.

Work in Progress
    A place to show off your unfinished artwork!

Ambient Spotlights
    A collection of art which highlights the features of ArtRage
    (suggest 100% AR only)

If this idea is acceptable, then are the suggested percentages reasonable?
    If I were marooned on a desert island, please air drop me a copy of Artrage 5.0! (Plus a laptop and solar panel)

Like the suggestion and the forum name Hybrid Works.

Thanks for the suggestion. We considered something similar a while back, but it's good to have the feedback. Currently, if someone wants to post artwork on our forums, we'd ask that the majority of the work was done in ArtRage.

It would be nice to support images predominantly created in other applications as well, but unfortunately there are limits to the amount of file hosting we can provide, so we like to keep a focus on artwork which was mainly created in our own application. It's possible that this may change in the future.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks for your feed back Dave,
    Its good too that you are kind enough to offer some explanation
    (I know of unrelated forums where this would be a rarity)

Do you have any feel for how much material might accumulate from existing forum users on this type of category? Would it be technically possible to limit an upload cap (to Hybrid Works) that is equivalent to the same individuals data stored in other AR galleries? Just a random thought that might / might not work...
    If I were marooned on a desert island, please air drop me a copy of Artrage 5.0! (Plus a laptop and solar panel)

Our current system doesn't have the capabilities to support that, thanks for the thought though. If anyone has created art in other applications, we don't have any problem with people posting links to it if it's on another website.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Smile

Thanks again