ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dancing in a nebula

Dancing in a nebula

Here's another experiment's outcome I hope You may like.
    Two versions, hopefully You may like one at least ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dancing.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	279.3 KB 
ID:	57876   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dancing2.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	256.7 KB 
ID:	57877  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Very interesting Caesar, could you give us a little insight as to how you produced these ?
    I rather like the first one.
    Geoff

Thank you, dear Limey-g!
    Here's the "recipe" You asked for.
    The problem here was to get a texturized silhouette as a possible base for possibly painting on a texture layer underneath. It came from my frustration at reproducing well enough Segantini paintings, a great Italian divisionist whose alpine subjects artpieces (landscapes with people and animals) are full of shining colors and lights.
    Anyway I used one of my custom backgrounds on a layer, drew an imaginary lady silhouette (only its outline) then filled the silhouette to get a stencil out of it, removed the inner color and using together the stencil and the selection tools, colored it. The effect was to keep the texture.
    Afterwards I did it again on nother layer using that stencil and one from the standard gradients.
    Finally I duplicated both the background and the figure. I multiplied either of the two (to have it darker) and linearly dodged the other one (to lighten), thus getting a better tonal separation of the lady from the background.
    The signature is simply handmade over the top with some highlighting ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Both are very interesting and great use of texture Caesar. I think perhaps I tend to like the first the best tho

Caesar... fabulous work using AR in a very creative way to achieve your images... I also am partial to the first although I like the second I am not thrilled with the choice of background.... too distracting... may just a flat color or a build up of color like a flat color then scumbling over it with two or three tones of the same color....

But the major point I think you have shown here is that with digital media the creative process is not limited to the subject matter but also in the skill ,knowledge and creativity used in manipulation of all the tools orchestrated into a composltion... excellent excellent effort...

Caesar

Nice one.....but I have never seen such a beautiful shape in any of my nebulas....darn. hehe haha

Very nice Cesare I like the 1st one
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

Hi Caesar. The first appeals more to my aesthetic sensibilities. The lesson here is the infinite variety of options exploring and creating in AR that some might not naturally associate with it and which give the artist a freer hand to develop something specific and personal rather than running something through a filter and just taking what you get. Both of course are legitimate processes in given creative or commercial contexts. But I take greater pleasure in the personal generation and creative decision-making side of this mode of digital creation. AR seems to well support this sensibility and sentiment as your own explorations attest.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4