ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Mixing complementary hues

Mixing complementary hues

Hi,
    I noticed a difference when I mixed e.g. green with red.
    The previous version of Artrage shows me then a dark grayish hue.
    To get sure I reinstalled the older version and made an example picture with
    the main 3 complementary hue combinations.
    In both versions I used the real color blending mode.

And I also see a difference in the appearance of the text on the canvas.
    I tried different fonts with the same result. Can somebody confirm this?

Nevertheless I still like the current version very much
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Stimpy; 07-19-2011 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Correction

The visual difference in the text of your second image is probably due to you having moved the text slightly, while zoomed in on the canvas. When at 100% zoom, ArtRage locks anything being moved to specific pixels. This pixel lock is not kept when zoomed in, allowing the moved object to be placed between pixels, which causes that blurring. For example, both text lines in the image below were created in ARSP 3.5, within the very same document, on two different layers. For the Text 100%, I left my canvas at 100%, and didn't move the text around. For the Text 200%, I had zoomed in on my canvas by 200%, and then moved the text under the other text. Because I was zoomed in, and had moved the text, the pixel lock was let go, and the blurring took place.

Name:  textblur.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  8.2 KB

As for the color, I do get the results you have your second image. They made changes to how the colors blend in Real Color Blending, so mixing Primary colors like Yellow and Blue would result more closely to the secondary color we would expect, which would be Green in this case, rather then the Cyan we were getting. This has led to a shift in other areas, as well.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thanks for the quick reply Someonesane,
    you are absolutely right. Zooming in and moving the text were indeed
    the reasons for my blurry text.
    And as for the color mixing, it is good not to forget the differences
    between digital and real paints. I must learn that better.
    On the other hand I wish there would be no differences with color mixing at all.
    No problem, I'll be very patient and in the meantime I'll use the color pickers for
    the gray hues.