ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incarcerating Saints

Incarcerating Saints

Speaks to whatever is seen.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    P.D. Dinkles
    El Jefe Bombero (jubilado)

A puzzling image. I like the colors and brick texture framing the two only apparently logically incongruous prisoners (actually one seems not so).
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hmm, hate to see anyone, anything behind bars. However, this painting shows wonderful detail on brick walls and colors are perfect.

I don't understand it but like the color and detail of the painting...
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

P.D., perhaps it speaks of the agony of captivity for all species , and your a great brick mason

Hmm I could do that to my brother right now
    nice work Pd
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

This could symbolize so much PD. An interesting painting, but I am confused.
    When I think of the saints, I think of men whom were at peace no matter where they were, passing on a certain perspective that enabled freedom of the mind. A release perhaps of our carnal insecurities that can weaken a person both in body and spirit.

Thinking

Maybe the bird is in an emotional prison of its own making, and the second creature not?
    How did you come by the title?
    Very interesting
    If I were marooned on a desert island, please air drop me a copy of Artrage 5.0! (Plus a laptop and solar panel)

Some Explaining to do

First, thanks for looking in. I promise not to make this a 3 volume response.

First, I probably ruined the message by inserting my soon to be trademark, the albatross. His only purpose is to look out at you while you are looking at the picture. That's all. You will see him from time to time, but in more appropriate opportunities.

Second, Iceaxe, above partially provides your answer. The name of the painting, Incarcerating Saints comes from an earlier painting I did entitled, Liberating Incarcerating Seattle Clams. It depicted a net like bag of clams bought at the store for the purpose of returning them to their home, whence they were enslaved.

Alexandra, Georgia peach, your ideas far surpassed mine, Saints are exactly that. But what do we usually do with our saints? I was motivated by the lyrics of Redemption Song by Bob Marley, who sings,

"How long shall they kill our prophets while we stand aside and look?"

Mannafig, I can take care of your brother for you if you wish. Just airfare to England and it will be done in a fortnight. I would like to apply for political asylum while I am there.

JustJean, Jasminek, Your comments regarding the meaning are just great. I think, we think alike, I think.

Caesar and semd74, I guess my greatest intent for this picture was to make the masonry represent an extremely worn masonry under a constant dry, blazing sun.

And I always enjoy evoking Caesar's terse satire.
    P.D. Dinkles
    El Jefe Bombero (jubilado)

I like this. I think it's even better not having any explanation EVER. But the cat's out of the bag, or is that the Albatross?
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4