ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rainy Day Special

Rainy Day Special

Starting on a new auto piece. I'm working from one of my old photos. I measured the locations of several important components of the composition and transferred them to the ArtRage canvas. I'll sketch in the rest from there.

Roughed in drawing pretty much done. I tend to be more of a painter than a draw-er, getting the shapes established and then constantly refining the image in the painting stage. I guess I just like painting better than drawing. Digital painting really suits me because of the total lack of drying times allowing me to shape the form till I'm satisfied. Oil paintings used to take me months, acrylic is better, but digital is just right.

considering the quality always of your work... this is going to be fun to watch develop.

Thanks, Screenpainter. Painting came smack up against work commitments for a while, but I'm getting back to work on this. Still pretty rough, but it's starting to look like a car.

A bit closer to finished, still a ways to go.

wow. Even seeing the steps to get there, it is still difficult to conceive that the right side is painting rather than photo! I can't wait to see this finished!

Thanks Eryn, the Palette Knife tool is the key to getting the reflections to look real. You lay down the colors that you want and blend them till you're satisfied with the effect. The real horror show starts when I begin adding all the rain drops to the car's surfaces .

Quote Originally Posted by eryn View Post
    I can't wait to see this finished!
    Me too .

so beautiful. I can only marvel at your meticulous diligence and craftsmanship and it really shows in the extreme quality of your work. chrome and reflections are looking fantastic...excellent.

Going to be another excellent one!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!