ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 57 Chevy

57 Chevy

Done with oil, knife and airbrush...hope you like it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	57 ChevyAR_Gal.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	169.4 KB 
ID:	57712  
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Steve... a breakout painting......this is a wonderful work..maybe its just because I can relate to something from 1957.. but really nice work..

more.... I love the details , colors the dark red background against the bright blue car... the shading ..and the compositional placement and perspective are unique... very very well done

Thanks Gary. I am usually not real pleased with most of my paintings, but I kinda like the way this one came out. When I was 17 my dad bought me a 59 T-bird (black) that was in "showroom" condition (paid $600. for it). Sure wish I had that car today !!!
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

I won't use normal words for this.

VVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM! !

Eat my dust! LOL!
    Da go Te'
    Best to you

Peter............
    Have a listen to or buy my music : http://www.reverbnation.com/playlist...artist_3522106
    and the Aubrey Small website:http://www.aubreysmall.com/
    My Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010972992278

The 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air is an icon and one of my favorite cars of all time. If I didn't own a 1960 Corvette, I'd probably have one of these...

You did a masterful recreation of an American classic... Fantastic painting that would right at home on as a wall print....

I agree with all the comments; the colors work especially well and you got just enough of the car in there to identify that classic.

Sounds like most of have an automotive "one that got away" or two in our pasts .

Just got started on a composition in the same vein myself.

My uncle once owned a black and silver 57 chevy with a 327 engine and a four speed shifter in the floor...very cool car !!!

Very good one! It looks like we got into the car painting period here and this artpiece fits it perfectly and delightfully!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I'm betting it would sell as a wall print to gear heads and auto buffs... It's a beautiful painting....