Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Questions About Scripting

Why are original and script-made paintings different?

Hi, everybody

Why are original (1) and script-made (2) paintings different?
    (There are depth and/or texture differences ...
    The (2) is a lot "softer"
    I used only "paint-tube" and "palette knife". (AR 3.5 pro)

Name:  7771.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  118.2 KBName:  7772.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  109.3 KB

thank you in advance

We're not sure what caused the difference here - Is it possible that paper settings were different between the two samples? In theory the differences you'll see when playing back a script should only relate to values that have some sort of random component such as bristle patterning which isn't present here so as far as we can tell so far there shouldn't be a difference.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Is it possible that once a day we can use scripting like Macros in Photoshop? Because script running dose close the current artrage .ptg file, but it would be nice, if once a day we can use scripting like photoshop macro.

E.g. I was apinting clouds today and it would be cool if I can dupplicate 5-6 times a layer by script. But its nonsense, because I get every time a new document

Scripts which are recorded will always open a new painting. However, you can program scripts which can be played back without a new painting being created.

See here for a script which does that and applies a dropshadow to the contents of the current layer:

http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...tudio-Pro-only

You can find more information on script programming in the advanced scripting guide here:

http://www.artrage.com/files/artrage...ptingguide.pdf

I believe that it relates to setting the 'script feature flags' line in the header to 0, but I'll see if I can get some clarification on that.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter / Technical Support
    Ambient Design

That's correct, setting the script feature flags to zero will allow it run on an existing painting.

If you want to reduce the size of the script you can also edit out the block surrounded by <StartupFeatures> ...
    </StartupFeatures>

However, that will remove all tool and paint settings from the startup of your script so you would need to explicitly record setting the tool, size and choosing a colour before painting. This way the action script will still be small, and will correctly apply the result to your existing painting.

Script programming isn't something we can provide detailed support for, but I hope this is of some help. The guide linked in my previous post goes into more detail.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter / Technical Support
    Ambient Design

just have a look at it!