Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Questions About Scripting

Quote Originally Posted by terrygillooly View Post
    Very excited to have 3.5.1 (I may possibly need a life?), but having problems with the feedback I get from sampling white (HLS=0,1,0).

If I use SampleColour(x,y), then test the resulting Luminance with ColourL(), I get a weird result (something like 0.003) when I should get 1.
    Grargh!
    Okay, there is a bug with sampling pure white - it divides the Luminance value by 255. All other colours should be fine - it special-cases pure white and pure black to avoid some math and in testing I missed pure white.
    So... next update will have that bug solved. In the meantime if you're using sample colour and you get a luminance value of 1/255 you will need to check R G or B to see if they're 1 (in which case your L value should have been 1 as well).

I'm very sorry about that. The next point release will have that problem solved.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Well, at least it wasn't me.

And sorry, I have another question : is there a way to tell if a point is inside a selection?
    Cat Boxes, a web comic

Quote Originally Posted by terrygillooly View Post
    Well, at least it wasn't me.

And sorry, I have another question : is there a way to tell if a point is inside a selection?
    Currently there isn't a way to determine if a point is inside the selection set.
    I mean, you could do it in a very roundabout kind of way (involving filling a layer, cutting the selection, testing the colour, deleting the layer...) but there isn't anything in the scripting language for that.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Andy, this is a fantastic amazing addition to the program congratulations to you all. Terry, is giving a large and valuable script contribution. Congratulations Terry and thank you for showing us your work.

Finally I think I found the correct way to use the scripts. I have a question that is related to the time expent to record a given script. For example, a painting can take a long time to be made and so it is performed in different interrupted stages. It seems that once stopped the registration recording of a given script, it can not be resumed at a future(s) session(s) of painting. Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by Lima View Post
    It seems that once stopped the registration recording of a given script, it can not be resumed at a future(s) session(s) of painting. Is this true?
    Hi Lima,

If you stop a recording using the stop button on the recording panel, you will end that recording session, and be unable to resume it. If you've done this by mistake, what you could do, is reopen your painting (if it's not already opened), and start a new recording session, that you would then have to splice in with the other recorded .arscript. When you begin the new recording, you'll be given the option to "Include Current Painting". Check mark that option, and begin recording again. When you're done, you'll then have edit the two .arscript recordings, into a single file.

To forgo all of that work, however, a recording may be saved, and resumed again, with a painting. So let's say you've been painting for an hour, and have been recording a script for it, but you want a break and do not wish to stop the recording. What you'll want to do is go directly to File > Save Painting AS (DO NOT STOP THE RECORDING). By not stopping the recording before saving, ArtRage assumes that you will wish to continue the currently recording script, and saves it's progress along with your painting. When you're ready to begin again, you'll only need to reopen your painting, and begin working again, because the recording session will be automatically running.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Someone, terrific, thank you very much indeed.

Thanks, Lima
    Cat Boxes, a web comic

So. Selections!

There are two things I would like to be able to do with selections (without having to resort to workarounds ):

-Fill Selection with foreground color* and

-use Modes (e.g. Add, Subtract, etc) with Select Layer Contents.

I don't think these are currently possible. Are they reasonable to implement?

*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Cat Boxes, a web comic

Is it possible to apply a procedural script while recording a painting process?

Hi dear Someonesane and AndyRage, congrats for the great software.

I usually record portrait paintings, (It take me a while to know how to do it whitout stoping the recording n recording again 111times xD), my issue is that while painting I tent to swich between oilbrush presets, my question is: there is a way to record a procedural script and asign a shorcut to it, and apply it many times without interfiering an actual recording painting sesion?

Thanks in advanced, sorry mi english.

Hi there,

It's not possible to play a script while recording another script, so you wouldn't be able to do that. You can assign a shortcut to playing script via Edit -> Set Keyboard Shortcuts in the 'scripting' section, but it's not possible to assign a keyboard shortcut to playing a specific script.