ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Blizzard

Black Blizzard

I was astounded by the image of the mammoth dust storm that ate Phoenix Arizona earlier this week... I started reading about the huge dust storms of the 30s... the dust storm carried tons of dust and dirt all the way to the east coast and as far at 200 miles out to sea .. those storms were called "Black Blizzards" ... so this is my take on the storm that attacked Phoenix..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Black Blizzard.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	347.2 KB 
ID:	57594  

impressive!!

A curious phenomenon, considering that it may tone down the famous colourful places Phoenix is part too under its dark and thick dusty veil. An almost choking and blinding feeling seems present here!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I had not heard about that storm Gary. Black blizzards must be an awful phenomenon of nature. Your painting is very well done...
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

an interesting painting of a horrendous time indeed, from the Canadian Prairies and across the Us during the 30s and into the 40s all because of mans misuse of nature

Terrific Gary - a fine interpretation penetrating your subject material. Besides the fact that it's just great to look at, I like the competing spacial dimensions and perspectives which give the painting lots of character and local places to explore in a whole that transcends the sum of its parts. As usual, really well done.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Quote Originally Posted by justjean View Post
    an interesting painting of a horrendous time indeed, from the Canadian Prairies and across the Us during the 30s and into the 40s all because of mans misuse of nature
    I agree with Jean, and fantastic abstract Gary of this horrible disaster.

Jean said it all, your really painted this well Gary

MSIE, Caesar,Steve - thanks for viewing and commenting..
    justjean - absolutely right it was the most extensive and long lived ecological disaster in the US and Canada and caused by greed ...

byron - as a fellow abstract painter I am glad you find the hidden details and corners in my work...I imagine your work and mine scale up much better than reducing down...

pat... thanks for your constant support and comments..

oops sorry Sandy... did not mean to miss thanking you... ps love your new avatar...