ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Can we avoid "select canvas" dialog?

Can we avoid "select canvas" dialog?

Whenever we click New Painting, 2.5 makes me choose a type of canvas. Is there some way for me to just pick one canvas type, i almost always use the same, and avoid the extra steps?

If you're creating a new painting and don't choose a canvas, ArtRage 2.6 will always choose the default canvas. If you're using a different canvas type, you would need to select that canvas type when creating a new file. In Artrage Studio and Studio Pro we added the ability to set a default canvas which will then be the one selected ( 'Use current canvas as default' in the Canvas Settings panel ).

Something you could do when using ArtRage 2.6 would be to save a blank painting with the canvas you prefer to use. Then, to launch ArtRage, double click on this file. ArtRage will then launch with this canvas selected.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

I'm using 2.5 - not sure if that makes a difference.

I'm not necessarily creating a new file, just a new painting. Currently, I must select a canvas. I want to use the same one each time. Like a default. The dialog box throws me off, particularly when I'm trying to show the program to someone else.

I guess 2.5 does not let you skip the step of selecting a canvas?

That is correct, unless you use the default canvas which ArtRage automatically opens, you will need to pick the canvas when you create a new painting. The situation in 2.5 is the same as for 2.6 from my previous post ( You can download 2.6 from the Member Area to update by the way ).

One exception to this is that if you create a new painting after having changed the canvas in your current painting, the new painting will by default have the same canvas settings.

Alternatively, you could use the workaround from my post above to launch ArtRage with a specific canvas type. Sorry for the confusion, when I mentioned a 'new file' I was referring to a new painting.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design