ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Armageddon Repair Facility, Can I Help You Sir of Mam

Armageddon Repair Facility, Can I Help You Sir of Mam

I don't think a painting that requires much description is good. Unfortunately, this one does.

It is a picture of a naval shipyard where they repair nuclear submarines and other implements of destruction. The painting attempts to depict looking across a worn out pier toward some of the structures in the background. It is a place of nausea, dirty, dank physically as is it's mission.

Truly a relic of the cold war that persists for whatever reason, at great cost. And it makes me wonder who we are and why we continue to prepare for Armageddon. The military industrial complex, as Eisenhower warned us, needs to be brought under control.

Sorry for the political rant. I don't want to disenfranchise myself. But that is what I painted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Armageddon Repair Facility.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	418.6 KB 
ID:	57573  
    P.D. Dinkles
    El Jefe Bombero (jubilado)

PD love the political statement and title... the painting is good too... hopefully you don't live close...

Thanks GXH. Found it on my hard drive so I finished it up. Quite Iffy I think. But I learned along the way.

Saw your Flash Flood. Looks great all that colorful debris moving down stream. It made me remember when we used to float everything from popsicle sticks to leaves to plastic boats down the curb following a Southern California gully womper.

Talk again soon.
    P.D. Dinkles

Nice textures in this one P.D. well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

PD, I beg to differ, I think it's great , I might not have got your intention but to me as soon as I looked it screamed desolation

Excellent painting. As a huge fan of Ike, I am in total agreement with his warning on the military industrial complex. Not only have they helped bancrupt this country, they have caused a great many men and women to die needlessly.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

PD your explanation on this painting makes the painting a well thought out image, great job

Well, thank you everyone for your looking and commenting.

Barnburner: I agree with you totally. I too am a big fan of Ike. My favorite quote is, "The plan is nothing. Planning is everything." He was referring to preparing for D-Day. And his farewell speech is unbelievable for a general and retiring president to warn us. I used that quote in emergency preparedness throughout my career.

JustJean: Yes I thought it was desolate. I thought of calling it Desolation Row. But I was feeling biblical, thus, Armageddon.

Pat: Thanks. It is a kind of dark theme again. But it was a message I had on my mind for a long time.
    P.D. Dinkles

Thanks for the explanation. Terrific exercise.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

It looks so desolate and chilling PD