ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: What a pain in the a$$

What a pain in the a$$

I just replaced the motherboard & cpu on my main computer. I replaced my AMD X3-710 with Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3-B3 motherboard and Intel I5-2500K cpu last night...

I found the older AMD X3-710 too slow for 3D rendering... I also had to buy new ram as my older motherboard took DDR2 and new one takes DDR3... the new intel is a quad core and the previous cpu was a tri-core...

Been spending a bit of money (too much perhaps) on my main computer - the one I use for photography, digital painting, 3D modeling. Purchased a graphics card in late winter (Nvidia GTS 250) and Corsair 750 watt power supply.

The old motherboard will now go into my 4th computer which is running a really older AMD 64 3500 cpu. This is a Linux computer with a single core AMD 64 3500. So it'll now get the tri-core AMD...

After installing Windows 7 Home premium (retail version 3 user Family Pack) my Windows would activate so I had to phone Microsoft to get re-activated... Now I'm installing all of my graphics apps - Vue Complete ve9, Photosshop Elements, Arrage, hexagon, etc...

Man I'm getting exhausted. I almost wish the rain would stop so I could get back to shingling the garage roof with my Dad (aged 80)...

Cheers

Ken
    Again sorry in not replying sooner. I really do enjoy hanging out with one of my fav cousins (who's more like a brother). The other favs are Michael & Mary Ann...

Another small roadblock. Went to this site here to fetch my AR updates and I get an error... Looks like the good folks here are having mySQL problems or a database error...

I hope this hardware upgrade was worth the pain...

AND man the I5-2500K heatsink fan is pretty noisy. There's a constant low hum that could drive a sane man crazy.... Will be replacing the fan sometime soon...