ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems after update to 3.5

Problems after update to 3.5

Hi,

I just want to point a bug:

1) Pen pressure and windows gestures not working together.... wintab option is like on\off switcher for botch of these features. (asus ep121 win7 x64)

2) You deleted option witch separate gestures > zoom\rotate\pan (( now I can only do it together. PLEASE REVERSE IT!!!

And 1 big plus> switching between pen and finger(gestures) now just working, earlier 1st touch was a switcher and second works as gesture.

Regarding item 1 - Realtime Stylus in the new system replaces support for the old Ink Services standard. Try turning on Realtime Stylus and turning off Wintab. If you have installed an additional driver for the digitiser that may cause conflicts with the internal system, make sure you have only installed drivers from Asus directly.

We know that 3.5 works out of the box with the tablet systems on the Ep121, so it's possible that changes in configuration for 3.0.8 can now be undone and that will solve the problem.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

hey,

Thanks for fast replay but unfortunately its still not working.

I made a tests- I tried each combinations and there is no way to get pen pressure and gestures.

And please roll back 'separate gestures' option.

As the testing team we worked with within ASUS and our own testing hasn't had a problem with the default settings and pressure/gestures I'm going to need to go over some more details with you to find out what's different on your system. Could you send an email to matt@ambientdesign.com and we'll get some details on your system and see if we can see why you might be having a problem. Please include a precise description of what you see in different configurations of the Realtime Stylus/Wintab options, I'm not entirely clear from your original post as to what the Wintab option is doing.

Regarding simultaneous gestures: It may be added back as an option in future.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

I'm having the same problem, also w/ ep-121. After updating, I can no longer use touch gestures. It thinks one of my two fingers is a pen.

If I disable windows 7 multitouch it will zoom, but not twist, when I pinch the screen.
    If I disable wintab I can zoom and twist the painting, but pressure sensitivity with the pen no longer works.

I have the newest drivers off the asus website for everything. (other than what windows update might have replaced since I loaded the system)

I'd be happy to send you more info. Let me know what you need.

Could you drop me a mail and we'll look in to it for you.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

I'm having the same problem. Turn on WinTab, and I get pen pressure, but no multitouch gestures. Turn it off, and I get multitouch gestures but no pen pressure.

Is a fix arriving anytime soon? Pen pressure and multitouch were working together just fine in v3.0.8. Asus Eee Slate EP121, just like the OP.

We are currently talking to ASUS about it, as tests with 3.5.1 out of the box have not demonstrated this problem. It is possible that a driver update has introduced an issue with the Microsoft Realtime Stylus system but we're not able to verify this at the moment.

Installing the Wacom driver rather than the ASUS driver can resolve the problem but may cause issues for applications that use the old Ink Services system, and in some cases we have heard that reinstalling the ASUS drivers can help. At the moment there's no real solid information on what's happening.

We'll let you know when we hear something back.

Update: Our EP121 here is working correctly with both pressure and Multitouch with Realtime Stylus set ON and Wintab set OFF. Precise tablet doesn't have an effect on it. We're updating all drivers to see if a later driver revision causes changes.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Okay, we have updated all the drivers on the EP121 and it looks like their latest revisions have broken their support for Microsoft's Realtime Stylus standard. We're looking in to it currently. What I can say so far is that touch input is working fine when the edge of the 'on screen keyboard' is visible poking in from the left, but not when it's not. I can also say that turning Precise Tablet ON (Realtime Stylus ON, Wintab OFF) makes it more reliable.

Unfortunately, as this is a deviation from the standard, we will have to spend some time researching what they have done with their drivers before we can provide a solution.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thank you very much, Matt. I hope the issue gets resolved quickly.