ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Large PTG files

Large PTG files

Any way to make the PTG save files that ArtRage creates smaller?

I recently upgraded from AR2 to AR3 and found that similar files are now 7-8 larger than they were before. Like if I open an AR2 file in AR3, then just save it, it's instantly that much bigger. I understand that AR3 has more functionality, but I might not be using it all, and considering that I keep everything backed up in my Dropbox, filesize would eventually become a concern.

Just checking if maybe there is some functionality I can disable, but that's a shot in the dark. Thanks!

There will be more data stored but it shouldn't be drastically larger. Tools store their preset information with the painting and if you have a particularly large sticker sheet selected in the sticker spray that might do it. The base data for each layer should be about the same size.

Check your sticker spray (the Art Brush presets tend to have a lower sticker size as they use single stickers) and see if that helps. If it doesn't, get in touch with us at support@artrage.com and we'll sort out a drop box so you can send us a PTG file to take a look at.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.