ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another watercolor test...

Another watercolor test...

Just out of my head... trying to do what someonesane is saying in his whip.
    I changed the papers from smooth to rough ones and back, started on wc paper.Then i used a lot of layers... I would love to see more people doing watercolor... i know of one, who is good using wc's... Caesar....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by AT-TA; 07-08-2011 at 03:36 PM.

Bootififul stuff going on there AT -TA.

AT-TA - these are very "WaterColorish" AR paintings... lovely wet edges and rich colors... where is the tutorial from someonesane?

Gary thank you for looking.
    The wip video is in the technical section "Tricks and Tips". Have fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Asgwb...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by AT-TA; 07-08-2011 at 08:35 AM.

At-Ta this is awesome, I really like this one.
    Val
    Valerie

Lovely flowers Anna, both painting and colours

Great Effect

This is crazy good! I must try this technique, been away from AR for too long.
    -Dave

I really like this painting, great use of color. I don't do much WC because I find it very difficult...may make another effort sometime in the future though.
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Great work
    I have tried watercolor but i can not get the bright color as yours , i always got grayish background like color , do not know why ?

Well done AT-TA! Looks like you have layer texture idea down.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanEu View Post
    Great work
    I have tried watercolor but i can not get the bright color as yours , i always got grayish background like color , do not know why ?

It's probably being caused by colors hidden in the watered down strokes. Even if you're using 100% thinner (which would be visually transparent), the color you have selected still matters. For example, in the image attached to this post, I used the watercolor tool to paint a horizontal pure red line, then increased the thinner to 100% and went back over that line vertically. With the stoke on the left, I left the color selector on the pure red I used for the horizontal line. On the right line, I had switched the color selector to use a blue color. You can see that, even though I was basically using only "water", the blue color seeped out and blended with the red. So, if you're not keeping track of the colors you're using while working, it's possible to get a number of hidden hues in there, which will bleed out, making your brighter colors turn muddy.

Name:  tintwater.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  29.0 KB
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.