ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Fill Tool Question

Fill Tool Question

I want the Fill tool in AR3 to behave the same as the Paintbucket tool in Photoshop. Are they pretty much the same tool?

What I want to recreate in AR3 is to have a lower layer of black enclosed shapes, and then to have an upper layer with the blend mode set to mutlipy which I use to fill the shapes of the layer underneath.

I have played around with the settings of both the Fill and Fill Edge presets, but the result is always way to many areas are being filled.
    Cheers,
    Shanty

The tool should be pretty similar to Photoshop's Paint Bucket, it may just be a case of adjusting tolerance and feathering, and making sure that the 'Single Layer' option is turned off. Could you send an example of a painting you're having a problem with to support@artrage.com and we'll take a look at the settings to see if there's anything we can help with.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Mattrage,
    Thanks for the quick reponse. Your reply made me play with the settings more and lowering the spread down has given me the result I want which I have saved as a preset..

Cheers,
    Shanty