ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Brushes Do Not Work

Brushes Do Not Work

Hi,

As some of you know I had to change the lap top to Windows 7. Did not have any problem reloading the ArtRage pro, but some of the brushes do not work. It seems to store in Users\AppData\Roaming\Ambient \AetRage3Design\Resources\ToolPresets\Sticker Spray\.....ok. The particular one which does not work at all is MP Brush, others depend, some work some don't!!!

Any suggestion and help is appreciated. OH>>>> How I hate changing to the new ANYthing!!!!

My sincere thanks.

It's possible that if you have a sticker spray preset that does not work, the sticker sheet is missing from your user data folders. Could you let me know which sticker sheet is listed in the Settings Panel when you have the sticker spray that isn't working active?
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Hi, thanks so much for answering. Listed below are some brushes that don't work.

- MP Brush 1 soft
    - MP Crazy Art 1
    - MP Hair newline 1

I download these brushes from ArtSupply in ArtRage and loaded in sticker spray pod. All files above are .prs files.

I noticed that some .stk files turn to be sticker sprays also. My confusion just gets more confused. I created some .stk that I can use in sticker sprays but does an .abr file need a .stk somewhere also?

I can live without the brushes above, just want to understand. The brushes listed above worked in my old laptop with XP. No hurry, please just take your time.

Thanks so much if you can help me.

Thanks for that. So, if you open the tool settings panel, then select the sticker spray, then open the preset panel and select the preset, what is the sticker sheet name shown in the Settings panel for each preset you're having trouble with? ( So for example, if you select 'MP Brush 1 soft' it would be useful for us to know what is shown next to 'Sheet' in the settings panel at the time )

Basically, it looks like you're missing one or more sticker sheets you'd added to your old install of ArtRage. Once you know what the missing sticker sheets are, that may help to locate them.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Hi,

Thanks so much. Here is one of the brush that does not work.

Preset - MP Hair newline 1 Settings Sheet - 7 fish

How "7 fish" gets there, no idea.

Thanks again dear Dave.

Thank you. The missing sticker isn't one of the ones that comes with ArtRage, so it will have come from a pack of stickers and presets you've downloaded and added to ArtRage previously.

It looks like this file is missing, and it may still be somewhere else on your computer. I'd recommend doing a search for stk files on your computer to see if you can locate the missing stickers. These can then be put into ArtRage's sticker collection ( open the stickers panel, click 'Import Stickers', then browse to the sticker file, select it and click 'Open' to import it ). Your sticker presets will then have a matching sticker and will work correctly.

Alternatively, I notice that these all start with 'MP' so are probably some of Misterpaint's files from the 'Art Supplies' forum, so if you can recall which packs you downloaded, you could search the Art Supplies forum for them, download them again and install them.

We're currently working on something which should make adding custom content to ArtRage a lot easier which will be released soon. I hope this helps!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks so much Dave. I saved all the files I downloaded in document which fortunately suvived the virus and will do as you advised.

Thanks again for you help.