Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still no tablet :0(

Thank you, Aged P! I like your picture, thank you. And now I know I will not buy Volito2. I thought that the nib will work longer. No sense in buying such a thing.
    I guess A5 is enough for me too. The first thought was "oh, it`s so small, how to draw on it?", but as most of you use A5, I`m sure it will be ok

And greetings to everyone for saying such nice words about my dragon

since you're from Europe, you might want to try a tablet that is much cheaper.It's a good brand, because I used it until 2.5 years ago, it gave me very much pleasure.
    the brand is called "trust"
    http://trust.com/products/productgrp.aspx?grp=TABLETS

In my country (Belgium) you can find trust products nearly everywhere.

have fun !

edit: now I use the Intuos 3.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Nice Character

This is very nice. I love cartoons and cartoony characters, oh and dragons. I love the smooth feel on the character you have achieved here. I have been working with AR2 for a few nights now, and I can't get that same feeling as much as I try. :cry: I am trying, but nothing has satisfied me yet. I have some ideas in my head, but they are not coming out yet until I can get this smoothing and blending colors thing down a little better. Any tips? Great image!!!
    -Dave

@Hanzz: Thank you for your next tips about tablets! I`ll look around in the shops here in Poland, see what I can get
    I don`t know if you read it in older topic - I like your caricatures very much! And thanks for the Al Pacino! One of my heros Maybe you`ll draw Roxette one day...

@DMerchen: I`m very happy that you like my dragon. Telling the truth this is my second picture in AR2, so I don`t consider myself as a person who can give advice in painting. There are some parts in this dragon which also don`t satisfy me, for example the wing. It wasn`t so easy for me to get this smooth effect too, because I used my mouse here only, since I don`t have a tablet yet. So don`t worry. I`m sure we`ll be better and better In this picture I used only oil brush and airbrush on the pencil sketch. After filling the whole dragon just in green I removed the pencil layer, because it didn`t allow me to focus on the shadows and smoothing colours After that bit by bit I tried to make this "3D" effect using mostly brush with auto-clean off. Airbrush was very useful here, not only for the dots on the dragon`s body
    Good luck to you!

Awwww, that's one of the cutest dragons I've ever seen! I love the little puffed cheek and the little rounded face, and the little scales, and the little... oh okay, you get the point. =] If you had this made into a plush toy, I would buy it in a heartbeat! (I will call it Squishy, and it will be mine.)

I look forward to seeing much more of your work, with a mouse or with a tablet!

- Gita

I just buy Volito 2... thinking the price of a new pen http://www.computeruniverse.net/prod...nt=610&pm=b+AT I think is not so much problem twice a year.

@JustG: thank you for your kind words I like the idea about plush toy, I should consider it And you`ll get one from me