Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still no tablet :0(

Gallery
    View images

Still no tablet :0(

Hello! I would be very apreciate for some suggestions about tablets. What shall I chose, what`s the most important thing in tablet, what type and so on so on Thank you!
    And this is my second try in Artrage. But it takes too much time using the mouse. Slowly I`m losing my patience :?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    wow! i love how your strokes are done! really amazing, and only by using a mouse, thats great!

Gallery
    View images
    Think about the Wacom Intuos3 it's about middle of the Wacom range.
    It detects both pressure and the angle of the pen. It has a few different nibs so that you can use one that feels right for you.
    I love it and lots of people use it.

Beware of the Volito2, the nibs wear out and you cannot change them.
    A new pen is very expensive.
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

Gallery
    View images

hi.

good work blanusia...nice colors....
    about tablets, let me give u a choice, but its upto u what to get. i myself, have wacom graphir at home, smallest size, it works fine for me, paintings that ive shared here, are done with that, most of them. even the last one "Heaven on earth". for me size is not important, as i think, its all in your hands and its a matter of getting used to it. but thats what i personaly think, others have all the right to disagree though. at work, we do have another brand, known as Genius. its way cheaper than Wacom, it works fine as well, just that the pen is a bit heavy, might be coz of the cell, thats inside, but im not sure. imp. part is it works fine. but ofcouse people prefer wacom over every other brand. i would just suggest, that do check all the available brands, see their properties, prices etc etc. before u buy one. one more things, is to get a cheaper brand first, get used to using the tablet and then later buy a professional one. its all upto u. wish u all the best....
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

Gallery
    View images
    Thank all of you so much for suggestions about the tablet. I`ll get one for sure in the fiture, but I really worry if I manage to use it So I think it`s a good idea to get used to tablet first (cheaper brand) and than get a better one. Thanx once again!

@Waheednasir: what size is your tablet?

Gallery
    View images
    Nice drawing.......

As tablet i have a wacom intuos 3 in a5 format....and im very happy ... you cant go wrong with it.

Gallery
    View images
    Blanusia- This character is engaging and fun. Hats off to you for accomplishing such a great image with a mouse (the equivalent of drawing with a short pencil shoved into a bar of soap). Well done!

My memories of having to use a mouse to create art are dim as I have had the good fortune of using a Wacom since the early 90's. My advice to you is that if you choose to get a less expensive tablet try to make it a Wacom. It's the pen. They are light and feel very natural in the hand making digital art creation so much more like natural media. I used a Kurta pad early in my digital painting career and found the pen too fat and heavy. I know other brands have improved their pens but Wacom is still tops IMHO.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Gallery
    View images
    @Fashmir: I like your comparison of drawing with a mouse very much Good point!

@Aged P: What is the lifetime for nibs in Volito2? Does the pen support tilt? I know I should be aware with this tablet, but for now I see the prize is not so high and it`s still Wacom, that`s why I`m asking

What is the good size for tablet? Shall I get A5? Is it enough? Some of you said here about A5 so I guess this is what I will buy. Thank you for your help!

And I have to say that there are so many nice people on this forum. Somehow it gives more motivation for next drawing

Gallery
    View images
    Wow, that's a really cool character! And you've painted his so well - the shading and lighting gives a very real sense of 3d about him.
    And he's cute!

AndyRage.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images

Intuos 3

Hi,

Volito2 does not support tilt.
    The nib lasted about 10 weeks.
    The problem is that you then have to buy a whole new pen. The new pen on it's own is almost the same price as a new Volito2 system.

I have the A5 Intuos3. It fits on the desk easily and is the cheapest version. It does detect tilt and that's important for Airbrush use.
    I thought that A5 would be diifficult to use, but it isn't. It's about the same space you use for a mouse.

I will attach a detail of a picture to show you what it can do. (This picture may already be on the forum)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.