ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Grid and water

Grid and water

Hello
    Is it possible to overlay a grid to the canvas that matches a grid on the reference photo? I'm referring to the classic copying strategy.

Is it possible to 'wet' the paper before using watercolor and see the watercolors dilute in it, covering the moistured paper?
    You look skilfull programmers, I'm sure you can make the miracle.

Thank you

Ellha
    Last edited by Ellha; 07-01-2011 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Grammar

Thanks for the suggestions! A couple of things which may be of use to you regarding wet paper:

1/ The watercolor tool has a 'wet paper' setting in the settings panel. Turn this on to simulate using watercolour on wet paper. This won't change what's already on the canvas but will make new strokes act as if the canvas were wet.

2/ If you want to wet an area, instead of the above, you can use white watercolour, or watercolour of any colour if you set the 'thinners' value in the settings panel to 100%. This allows you to basically paint water on an area of the canvas. Watercolour applied to this area will look dilute in the centre and will react more dryly when it hits the edges.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks

Thank you, I'll try your tips!

Ellha