ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: The Hyperbole Bug

Talking The Hyperbole Bug

well, originally this painting was called just "Creature" (a doodle done exclusively with Misterpaint's new sticker spray set, which you can find here).
    I've changed the title to "Hyperbole Bug" because of gxhpainter talking about that bug in another thread

so here it is, a BIG THANK YOU to Misterpaint for all those awesome things he is sharing with all of us!

I hope you like it - comments and critics are welcome as always!
    please click to enlarge ...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	110622_creature WEB.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	456.3 KB 
ID:	57058

MSIE - a fantastic hyperbole bug...... it has such a lacy , filigree effect on the edges.... the the colors are great ... super experiment....

This is a stunning pure energy-made bug! The only way to terminate it is possibly some sort of electro-magnetic field ... or just cause it a short-circuit .... Fantastic effect! Is is too out of the rabbit hole?
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Very cool !!

Smile

I'm glad you like this, gxhpainter, Caesar, and Belvrog - thanks for looking and commenting

@ Caesar ~ uhm I must admit I'm not familiar with Peter's Rabbit Hole technique although I've read about it somewhere ...
    when doodling I just "do something" (say, duplicating layers, playing with blend modes, adjusting settings of each and every tool I use etc) ... but cannot remember the single steps

this time I duplicated and flipped the canvas, then merged the layers at some time if I remember right ... sorry, not a special techique I'm afraid .. lol

It's a good thing we can't actually see some of the things that crawl on us!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Ewe looks to me a bit like a tick Super painting
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

jibes ~ I actually love the look of all those tiny little creatures (bacillus, virus, germs, amoeba and however they are called - I'm not a biologist ) ... but yeah it's better to NOT think about the fact that they are living on our skin

mannafig ~ you nailed it! now that I looked up "tick" it's exactly what I was thinking when looking at the "finished" doodle .. it's called Holzbock or Zecke in german, although I like the english word more!

glad you like it, thanks for commenting!