ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ave Maria a trasbordo - A Segantini copy

Ave Maria a trasbordo - A Segantini copy

Since recently a saw many lake landscape from Pat, among which one of the Italian larger lakes beneath the Alps, I decided to proceed to a copy from a painting by Giovanni Segantini.
    This Italian painter of the 2nd half of the XIX century, mostly unknown abroad, was a great painter of alpine landscape, who used its own way a divisionist technique. He was for sure a stunning artist who would have become a top ranking one should he lived a little more ...

I added also the original which required a larger canvas and much more work to be reproduced better (I didn't find tricks good and simple enough to simulate the actual brushwork and texture).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SegantiniCopy.jpg 
Views:	3474 
Size:	473.8 KB 
ID:	56975   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	segantini[1].jpg 
Views:	704 
Size:	164.2 KB 
ID:	56986  
    Last edited by Caesar; 06-22-2011 at 03:35 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Caesar, this is a wonderful painting , I feel good that I gave you the desire to do this masterful works of art, and what a fantastic job, the water is so good, you can tell you put a lot into this and so very well worth it, thanks for sharing this perfect piece

Caesar - beautifully done.. Pat is right the water is amazing.. love the scene with the herders flock all crammed into the little boat...

Sheep's in a boat, how cool..!!!! How could he have had them hold still that long to paint it? Great job Caesar.
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Fantastic dear Cesare I love it
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

Fantastic Cesare. Such a tender and sweet painting. Your painting is always exceptional.

I love how you have created the arc in the sky Cesare, its a brilliant painting
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Gorgeous painting Caesar... in fact both of them are. You've done some great work here. The slight different palette fits very well and gives it its own feel. Love it.

I saw I missed your birthday. Belated Happy Birthday Caesar..

9. well done caesar,and thank you for letting us know some great artists..
    i gone ahead and took liberty to do little color corrections for you..hope you will like it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SegantiniCopy.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	511.7 KB 
ID:	57020
    Most important Things in life are not Things..
    my blog-http://designisdestiny.blogspot.com/

Dear Pat, it actually tokk some time at the beginning, when I tried to see how I could get a divisionist effet, i.e. little strokes optically giving the right color, in a quick way. I didn't find any shortcut though, so I proceeded fast to finish it without using the canvas size and the thousand littl paint strokes it would have require for simulating the painter's style with enough accuracy. After all the composition deserved to be painted anyway and this painter known more and his Alps inspired painting too ( http://www.google.it/search?tbm=isch...f&aqi=&aql=&oq=)
    ... thank You!

Dear Ghxpainter, a quiet scene of the old good time, when life was simple and hard, but natural, not stressed, and we suffered far less of nevrosis, is always beneficial to see and paint ... Thank you!

Dear Jibes, actually the boat passengers were painted quite fast on the upper layer. Color spots first and then some mixing and refining strokes for details (it's much rougher than the real one), so just in time before the two sheep in front of us decided to dive and take a bath ... Thank You!

Thank You, dear Amanda! That moment of the day used to be very peaceful and, since the only work left before sleeping was the evening dinner, ten-fifteen peaceful minutes at twilight were then usually dedicated to say the rosary .... no vampires used to fly after the sunset.

Dear Sandra, I'd rather say I possibly make interesting selections for a challenging copy attempt. I hardly had any other merit here than to interpret some way this Segantini's visual poetry. Thank You!

Pls be informed that, notwithstanding the arc by the water, we're not in St. Louis US here anyway, dear Katie. Thank you!

Thank you, dear Belvrog, also for Your wishes! It woudl have taken to much to get the result without a planned approach and patient work to long for me to follow, so I used far less strokes, thus they don't tone down a little harmonically as in the original divisionistic technique, also because I pick colors intuitively at each stroke from the full palette option. Nice to have You back anyway!

Thank You, dear Pink Panther! You certainly harmonised it very well with Your color ajustment. his morning I tried and got a similar enough effect by using AR adjust feature, although I guess that photoshop or similar programs like drawplus (I've got) are better to that purpose.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!