ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easy TZ

Easy TZ

Caesar brought up Alfa Romeos and they've been going around in my head like a song that you can't stop humming, so I'm going to try to do a couple of quick paintings to work this off. Quick, however, has a way of becoming drawn out, so I'm going to force myself to stay on course.

Preliminary sketch of the #41 Giulia TZ at the 1964 running of the Le Mans 24 hrs.

Haven't decided what medium to use yet.

I'm trying to work as if I was using gouache, a medium that I used to really like, so I'm using the watercolor brush. Slow going as usual, but it's starting to look Tubolare Zagato-ish. Alfas are usually more of a deeper blood red than the Ferrari scarlet.

Dear Felix, I'm sorry I can't see the works from my office PC, possibly for some sort of firewall intervention due to what and how Your attachmentes were made.
    Anyway I'll enjoy them this evening home ... the subjects are very promising and Your skills, as well as, Your patient, accurate drawing and painting process, will make miracles like with Your airplanes ...
    BTW, why don't You try also the Macchi-Castoldi racing hydroplane and the Macchi 205 Veltro or, more recently the Fiat G91 and the F104S. They were beauties too in their genre I think ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hi Caesar,
    They probably have Photobucket blocked, it's blocked where I work too. Here's a little more progress.

You're proceeding marvellously, dear Felix. I don't know how You made the initial pencil sketch, but it's amazingly precise!
    Apart from its sport merits, I think we may agree that this model was a real beauty and I guess the engine sound, although I was hardly five years old in 1964, was almost music to hear!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Caesar,

The TZs were very successfull in the mid 60s in the under 2 litre class and beat the Porsches which had owned the class for years often, which was a great accomplishment. They look and sound beautiful.

Sometimes I just study the available photos and then draw the car by eye. In this case, I used a tool called a proportional divider which allows you to transfer the distance between points on an image to paper, canvas or even a monitor at a larger scale. I have lots of references including photos that I've taken myself. This allows you to plot the lengths, widths and heights of the image and even the location of important elements like the wheels and tires and then draw the car (or plane) in around them.

Haven't had much time to work on it, but it's starting to flesh out

excellent. love the craftsmanship in your work. really fine.