ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Broken Tree

Broken Tree

Here's a painting that was created from scratch with Art Rage.
    This actually did take place in my back yard, a wind storm took a large section piece of a giant oak tree down. Decided to practice painting from the photo, no load onto a layer, just looking at the photo and painting from scratch. I'm an old goat and that is the way I always painted still life or someone's portrait in the days before computers using traditional oils, acrylics, pastels, or pencils for drawing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Broken Tree.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	204.1 KB 
ID:	56743  
    The very first digital art program that I worked with Art Rage 1

You may visit my personally designed website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

Bringing Down Innocence

Here's something that resulted as a derivative of the first painting.
    Again an Art Rage created image from scratch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bringing Down Innocence.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	270.0 KB 
ID:	56744  
    The very first digital art program that I worked with Art Rage 1

You may visit my personally designed website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

Hi, dear Stephen! Glad to see You back here and that Your art rocks better than ever! Both wonderful, but I love the second one particularly!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hi Stephen

as Caesar says it's good to see you again.............the forces of nature make us humans (who think ourselves to be all powerful) look exactly as we are..............small.

A good painting Stephen!

Da go Te'
    Best to you

Peter............
    Have a listen to or buy my music : http://www.reverbnation.com/playlist...artist_3522106
    and the Aubrey Small website:http://www.aubreysmall.com/
    My Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010972992278

Fantastic. I see you have really been polishing up your stylization(s) and they're looking really good with a finished quality. I also noticed it a lot on your website.

The top one has a little of a cross between Van Gogh and Gauguin. . . in your own way of course. I love the fences particularly. What you seem to be doing, to my eye anyway, is creating an interesting composition. So that really happened at your home? Wow. Must have been some kind of storm. You paint that tree as if it's sort of shredded or peeled. There's something there beyond a photo. A chronicle of an energy perhaps. The human stuff is orderly, and the nature part, the tree interacting with the sky -- it's sort of like looking at an electrical wire that blew away from the plug. I half expect to see it smoking a little. Like circuit overload.

The lower painting is even further into your stylization but this one is more about harmony and relationships and parallels. It's amazing and unlike the first painting that seems to be about the contrast between nature and man, this second one seems to point up connections that belong together. Has a cycle kind of feel, visually supported by the antlers and tree. Very pleasing. Well done you!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I especiallly like the second one Stephen, its very symbolic.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Stephen - both great works .... i like the oil painting qualities of the top image and the great symbolic images and metallic look in the second...