ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: No preview in explorer since upgrade to Studio Pro

No preview in explorer since upgrade to Studio Pro

Hi, i am from germany, using google translator.
    My operating system is Windows 7
    I am new to the forum and start it with a question. A few days ago, I upgraded my ArtRage 2 to ArtRage Studio Pro latest version. Before that I could see my projects-files (with the extension *. ptg) as a picture in Windows Explorer preview. Now that I've installed ArtRage Studio Pro, the Explorer no more shows a preview of the individual project files. Only an abstract icon is available.
    I found it very helpful to see my projects as a preview before I opened it (I often make several versions of each picture).
    Is there a hidden option to bring back the preview?
    Thank you for help

hy MrMystic, welcome to the forum

in this thread (although unrelated to the problem you got here), Dave Rage explained how to be able to see a preview of .ptg files in Windows 7.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    Regarding ArtRage ptg files specifically: If you have ArtRage installed and are using medium / large icons / thumbnails on Windows 7, you should be able to see ArtRage paintings as previews. If you can't, feel free to email me and I should be able to sort that out for you.
    hope that helps

Dave Rage / contact?

Thanks MSIE!
    hummm, but how to contact that person? He writes to send email to him... but i can not find a button to send mail to that specific member.

Stupid i am?
    pls open my eye

if I remember right, it's support@artrage.com
    good luck

OK

I have now discovered that, as soon as you open a project directly in ArtRage, the icons are replaced by thumbnails . Once the selection window appears, the thumbnails are generated. When I later opened this folder in Windows Explorer, only the thumbnails are visible that have previously scrolled within the selection-window. The projects that you have not made visible in the selection window (by scrolling), still have the abstract grey icon.

OK, my "problem" is nearly solved. But i wonder why i still don`t get the big preview in the right side of Windows Explorer when marking one of the *.ptg-files.

Dave helped me get artrage .ptg file previews to show up in windows 7.
    so he is the guy that can help you.

Thanks MSIE. MrMystic, I've received the email and will help you directly.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by gzairborne View Post
    Dave helped me get artrage .ptg file previews to show up in windows 7.
    so he is the guy that can help you.
    Yes, he helped me to fix it

Thx again

We've been working on this problem and I believe the installer for the next release should solve this problem and make sure you don't have to manually register the DLLs.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.