ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ramses After the Elixer

Ramses After the Elixer

I wanted to remake this one of Ramses the Immortal-a character of Anne Rices book "The Mummy."
    Using Peter's rabbit hole secrets, and eraser I was able to have fun with effects and textures of different layers.
    I hope you like it. Thanks for checking it out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ramses After the Elixer.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	56732  

Sandy ........this is a nice incorporation of what you have learned from Peter and your own great painting talent....the colors are rich and subtle .. having the face multiple times adds to it surreal quality...

I remember the original...this one is even better...great job neighbor
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Thanks so much Gary, very much appreciated dear sir!

Thanks so much Steve, I think so too, especially knowing the story.

Mighty fine Sandy!!! I love the way you have done this.!!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Thats very effective Sandy, like looking back in time. Well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Thank you dear Katie, I appreciate your kind words. I thought he was gorgeous, and that he deserved to be redone.

I already know this guy, but it's interesting to see him in a sort of psychedelic version while he's evocating supernatural spirits forces through the arcana of the ancient Epyptians magical rituals ....
    well, maybe not that bad to re-phrase it in correct English should You start a story about this character.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thanks Cesare. I wish I still had the book, but I returned it to my sis in law. I will go ahead and mention a bit about it though. I think it would be a great movie. The pharaoh in the museum was just another person so that the real Ramses would remain in secret and asleep. Once discovered...many exciting events would take place. A book not for young readers, and would offend a few, but one that I found very entertaining. A book I didn't want to put down and read through pretty quickly. Anne emphasized a very virile and sexy man whom loved women, was a gentle soul, yet in no way a weak natured person, loving all life. He demanded justice and was quite a warrior. This is how I imagined him to look after reading about her description.