ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twitter

Twitter

We've been busy painting the house, but managed to send in a twitter.
    Best viewed full screen and at a distance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Twitter-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	475.2 KB 
ID:	56561  
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

I guess this is from all the paint colors You used for Your house and were left ...
    Fantastic one. I hope You reproduced it on one of Your walls!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Byron, lovely colors and design, great wall art, maybe after your house is finished you will hang this for that wonderful color

We are working on repairs on the inside of ours Byron, but our house desperately needs painting on the outside, so come on down here to the south for a while and we can have a paint party! What do you think? No, well I don't blame you. It has been a steady 100 degrees here with no rain in sight to cool things off. Oh well. lol!

I like your abstract very much. I see beautiful weather, ladybugs, and a calming gentle shower. A feel good painting dear Byron!

A liquid flow of colours Byron, another great piece
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Distant or up close it looks good to me..!!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Thanks everyone. Sorry so slow to get back - the summer is heating up. But thanks a bunch for your feedback and good will.

Sandy, I know a few of those 100 degree days. I'm asking for a few cooler ones while we complete painting the walls, but the powers that be don't seem to be cooperating. I wish us both good luck.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

bryon - the domestic duties haven't harmed your artistic talents at all... this is rich with fluid lines , little bits of grain and the edges and transitions and build up of complex areas makes it great... I would love to see a 6'x8' version!

You're painting the house? The mind boggles with your penchant for abstraction. I take it this is not a swatch?

Looks futuristic and fanciful in a Jetsons meet the 405 freeway sort of way. In the passage through Westwood, California, as you pass the huge Veterans Cemetery with it's undulating hills of graves, on the opposite side of the freeway there's a generic building with a big neon cross. So I get a sense of place and cityscape from this. And that's I suppose the closest association I get from my real world.

Out of curiosity, have you thought to take the color to another level by mixing rather than primary and secondary 'tube colors'? Nothing wrong with what you're working with. Just think it could open a world to you, since you have been exploring a limited set of elements for a while now. And cool as it is, if narrowing the bore of the shotgun so to speak is what you've been about up till now, you might consider that rather than what I suggest as meaning adding unwanted complexity and pedestrian sensibilities, it could in fact mean you could distill it down even further to the essential components, as in the case of limiting your palette. It would then become perhaps more an exploration of shape and paint application.

Right now, I must confess, it feels like there's a shouting match going on between color and shape. Again, that's cool if it is serving you. But (IMHO only) it might be also cool to relate your colors and shapes with an eye to proportion. Your 20/80 idea would be a springboard. And how can one vary that, would be the question I would be asking myself. What does that mean. What would 10/70/20 mean. Etc.

Anyway, it's all my musing aloud.

Your process is as always most fascinating to me and these canvasses are something of an externalized form of an internal litmus test, testing for multiple (chemicals) on the same strip (or rectangle), not just positive and negative like a pregnancy test. . . although that's a pregnant metaphor. Hahah.

Keep up the great creative work! Well done, Byron.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thumbs up Amazing colours!

Hi! Your painting is amazing. I really love the colours. Everytime I see the painting, I see something new emerging out