ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Tutorial - Using 3D and 2D apps to create unique art

Tutorial - Using 3D and 2D apps to create unique art

In this article the very talented fantasy artist Uwe Jarling uses ZBrush, Poser and Painter to create unique fantasy art...

The same results could be created with Sculptris (free) Daz Studio (presently free) and ArtRage...

Sculptris can be downloaded from ZBrush Central at this link
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=090617

More on DAZ Studio here...
    http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ght=daz+studio

Here's the tutorial...
    http://www.jarling-arts.com/www/stuf...Evocation_Tut/

Cheers

Ken
    Last edited by kenmo; 06-07-2011 at 07:15 AM.

PS: I used a similar technique when I created the Hooded Man in my ArtRage gallery...

would love to use the artrage tools to texture a model. would be a nice experience on the ipad.

Lightbulb

With a 3d modeling/animation program, you can texture a model with a bmp.

The bmp can be done in ArtRage.
    Wala.

The same I will do it also with other 3D programms too, bryce 7 is for free ... hmm, I loved Brye some years ago very much ....

OK, that's f*cking cool.

I've read about painting on a digital sculpture before, but it was exceptionally interesting to watch a little step by step tutorial. I'm going to have to try that out. As he says in the tut- sculpting is easy (ha, well, we'll see) but most importantly fun. That sounds like fun to me. I also really like the idea of essentially thinking of the digital sculpture as an underpainting-- I like thinking of it in paint terms, not just sculpture terms. I love the idea of using a digital medium to do something that you just can't really do with natural media-- it's really a different way of thinking and working. Plus, he's right, you can move the object, camera angle, and lighting too to get more than one pic.

I wonder if you can reuse the model as things move along too- as in, different post, face structure, etc. but you would use the same basic "frame" and shape to save time. Sure would help with staying on model. LOL. !!

I've gotta try that.
    Last edited by Steve B; 10-31-2012 at 06:07 AM.
    Check out and submit to the thread on Watercolor WIPs in Artrage-- lots of good tips and conversation
    My YouTube video tutorial series- How to Paint with Watercolors in Artrage
    Try out the free
    Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar to improve your workflow and reduce clutter
    List of other good tutorials on using watercolors in Artrage
    List of good sticker sprays for watercolor effects in Artrage

My blog- art, poetry and picture books- http://www.seamlessexpression.blogspot.com/

Here's another tutorial on how artist John Girouard uses Poser and digital painting techniques to create his art. The tutorial is in a downloadable PDF so you will require Adobe Reader to read his tutorial...

http://www.dazedgraphics.com/tutorial.htm

Cheers

Ken

Cool

Here (also in the gallery-thread) you can also see my first works between Artrage (2D) and 3D Software.

The picture with the balls ... here I did made the lightprobe & material with an simple artrage image*, after that I did render it (only 8 spheres* and a sky*). 2D => 3D output (in cinema4d).

The other one, I did made in a 3D programm a spehere too and I did made some reliefs and so on (very easy) ... after that I did made a sticker in artrage and I painted it .... 3D => 2D output (in artrage).

ps. I did own 3D Coat, thats similar to zbrush, but not so expensive I hope I can made also such an phantastic portrait like kenmo with 3D Coat & Artrage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SevenSphericonsartrageforum.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	180.8 KB 
ID:	71122   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bunt.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	493.7 KB 
ID:	71123  
    Last edited by Zeropainter; 11-12-2012 at 01:36 AM.

Ramflower

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ramflower.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	395.7 KB 
ID:	75256

Like one year ago, simply sticker done in 3DCoat and painted in Artrage, with the new symmetry tool and I add some blur for the borders.

My work is called RAM Flower,
    coz even I have 32GB I did get a message out of RAM, but the original image is 3000x4000 pixels big and it did have 300dpi ...

If people will like it, I will post the complete file in deviantart