ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rasputin

Rasputin

A quickie just to relax. No more than 15 minutes ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RasputinColor.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	221.7 KB 
ID:	56545  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I like the tones and shades here Caesar...Rasputin was one "butt" ugly man...LOL
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Getting the low down on the double whami or evil eye. Fun image.

If I may suggest a darker more dramatic environment, it might fit the hypnotic (you see only MEEEeeeeee) kind of thing.

Nice one though! Very whimsical. Resembles someone I know, who oddly enough is from Russian heritage.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Dear Semd74, Rasputin was possibly the most incredible mix of opposites and, should we believe all, the greatest practiser of vices and low insticts and mystical moments and excercises. His story is amazing and out of ordinary under any aspect.
    It looks like he was a foredoomed for a major supernatural design that was going on and was accomplished just after his death, for the Romanov and Russia first, when the First World War was ongoing, then for the whole world who stood the Second World War where the communist Russia was fundamental for defeating Nazis to then become the opponent of free democrachies up to the end of the communist system. Now much is changing and ending also in our western systems ...
    He's certainly one of the guys that makes You think that history doesn't depend on big, massive economical, political, cultural forces only, but also on some particular key guys in key situations.
    It's like a superior game was played with him and beyond him, Evil allowed to grow and build ephemeral successes, to then be beaten down again and again in somehow surprising way, unexpected events ...

Dear D Akey, You're absolutely right! Thank You for Your fantastic suggestion fo a possible follow-on!
    The reason why I decided to quickly create this character (not in its most sinister or serious comics form though this far) is in my answer to Semd74 hereabove ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Evil looking indeed... When I look at his face, Charles Manson comes to mind...
    Well painted, but I wouldn't want to run across him in person..
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Great sketch and thanks for the story Caesar

I had to read about him again and according to my book "Rulers of Russia" By Peter Andrews-I find an article stating things like this-very piercing pale eyes, tall, and one observer wrote that he carried with him an animal smell-and to think he was married and a father of three-maybe had more children as he was such a womanizer as well hypnotizing women and then seducing them-I guess part of his healing ritual, and with all of this his wife would joke that he has enough for all.
    "Outraged monarchists, including Prince Yussoupov, married to the niece of the czar, decided in 1916 to assassinate Rasputin. But the Holy Devil, as he had become known, took considerable killing. They first lured him to a cellar and offered him cakes and wine laced with poison. When that had no effect, Yussoupov fired several bullets into him. Rasputin fell, recovered, escaped, and then collapsed in the snow. The conspirators dragged him to the Neva River, bound him, and pushed him through a hold in the ice. Yet so powerful was Rasputin that he loosed his bonds before the current finally swept him under." I wonder if it he survived that!? Supernatural comes to my mind too-very disturbing.
    Funny caricature and well done though Cesare!

I love it.
    Val
    Valerie

Caesar - interesting character, I am moved by your observation that history is made by a few key people and key moments and so much spins out from those events.... I hope you pursue this line of thinking further with your inimitable style...