ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Two real WC + an AR watercolor copy test of first

Two real WC + an AR watercolor copy test of first

I made two attempts with real watercolors on a small size (the second one sized as a postcard the first one, a WIP, just a little larger and waiting for a lake and some closer range rocks to appear ... I'm not a master or a great planner (all wet on wet from interpreting a couple of reference pictures.
    I tried to reproduce the first one with AR watercolors. Did it quickly and with the mouse only (the selected paper was not the WC one).
    I didn't dilute too much colors, thus they don't look to fade somehow.
    No other tool used to simulate a little grainy effect given by cobalt/ ultramarine blue.
    I think there's still a considerable difference and probably it would be better working on different layers and/ on add some touches by other tools, but the procedure would be less fresh and immediate anyway.
    Anyone else willing to try is welcome too!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	327.4 KB 
ID:	56501   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	326.8 KB 
ID:	56502   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Watercolor landscape copy.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	56543  
    Last edited by Caesar; 06-06-2011 at 10:11 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Caesar - two really fine WC's... I like the brushwork and watercolor skies.. and the monochrome trees.... very effective..

You do very good work with WC's...i like these
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Very fine job on both of these Caesar.. well done.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Thank You, dear Gxhpainter! I tried to work more on fine color tones and tonal transitions and nuances here than on contrast of colors and tonal values and it was interesting (and more forgiving perhaps).

Glad to read Your approval, because I liik watercolor as they are the opposite approach than my usual drawing tendency, apparently at least. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Barnburner! On the first and uncomplete one I could appreciate a really valuable paper type which can enhance the skyes brushwork in particular, but also some other kind of patchy textures I guess.

I'm glad You like these somehow gentle and delicate watercolor composition, dear Sandra, although I hope some glint of my usually wild energy shines through as well, here and there, on what may otherwise seem to be the product of an old Victorian lady paintress. Thank You!

7. They're fabulous - the second one especially (reminds me of a Christmas Card).

I'm hopeless with watercolour (real, or digital) so I'm even more impressed.

Thank You, dear HarlequiNQB! I thought much the same at start, because it requires an opposite approach to my drawing and by solid objects and figures one and also an amount of planning steps before, then I discovered that watercolor is both demanding and unforgiving in some case, but there are anyway little remedies You may apply and, most of all, they partially work independently from You and may provide some stunning happy accidents.
    I'm in particular lucky to get them often enough, but that's possibly also a consequence of my love feelings for this late discovered tool.
    Now I'll try to see how at least one of them would look by using AR watercolors to reproduce it.