ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Falls of Autumn

Falls of Autumn

I am replacing this edition of Falls of Aurtumn back after having edited the fall colors. The original version's fall colors were dead and I just discovered the different Blend Modes and how they can help improve the art work. There is much I have yet to discover about ArtRage and that makes my life more interesting and less boring! lol Bless you all JUST for being there for each other!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cataratas em otonho linear dodge.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	362.6 KB 
ID:	56496  

Very nice. What did you use for the leaves near the waterfall?

How to Leaves in front

Hi Alexandra and Sparkybrown. And thanks also to all who had commented before I pulled it to edit that paint.

I did those leaves in front of the water falls, using the Leaves spray stamp. I varied them in size accordingly to fool the eye in the illusion of the distance the eye is from the scene or painting. That size goes from 25 to 29%. The color is a medium dark green. Then I used the pencil with a lighter green if you notice, to give the leave its depth of light and shadow. Of course, the pencil size has to be also according to each leaf size, so being so small, I brought the painting zoom up a bit to be able to work on that detail with comfort.
    Last edited by S5T68IS2TA; 06-06-2011 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Other info

Wow this is so lovely, great work.
    Val
    Valerie

This is marvellous! You are dramatically improving Your artistic domain at each new entry and the quality of this artpiece is really high!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Very colorful and detailed...a really fantastic painting !!!
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Thanks guys!

Appreciate your comments, very happy you liked!!

SS, great job!!! I don't think I saw your previous post but I agree with you about the blend modes. I can never remember what they can do but I use 2 or 3 with great results. It's good to experiment.
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

I never got a chance to see the previous version, but this one is very nice. Peaceful and the colors are great for the time. Expertly executed with fantastic results.

Every time I pick up the program or read the forums here, I learn something new.