ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Control Key doesn't work for Shortcuts?

Control Key doesn't work for Shortcuts?

I'm using Mac OS X, and when I try to include the Control key in creating my own keyboard shortcuts, it isn't accepted by Art Rage.

If I want to make a shortcut like, Option-D, and type that, the shortcut panel only shows the D.

If I type Option-D, the panel shows Option-D.

is there some problem with the control key in this scenario?

a

The ctrl key is used by OS X for right click shortcuts, so we avoid using it for keyboard shortcuts. We'll consider this for future releases though.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Ah..OK...

FWIW, I use Blender 3D for Mac OS X...there are a number of tools/commands which use the Control key and I have no issue, but I wouldn't pretend to know all the OS X uses for Control...

Aren't things different once you're IN an application and not in the Finder?

a

The right click shortcut is global but that's basically a mouse shortcut. We could include Control in the shortcut keys but we have to make some changes to how we handle shortcuts in general (as we're cross platform we currently only support shortcut keys that exist on both platforms - Cmd/Ctrl, Option/Alt etc.). We've made a note to look in to this in the future!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.