ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Adobe monthly subscription

Adobe monthly subscription

I know this is Artrage forum, but i thought this was a great idea from Adobe for wannabe Professionals/people on a tight budget that it is worthy of a mention here.

http://www.adobe.com/products/photos...splayTab4.html

Rage it and then finish/ tweak in Photoshop like Nick Harris and other Pro's
    Last edited by Chuckart; 06-01-2011 at 07:08 PM.

Hey Chuck, I spotted this and think it's a very good move by Adobe too. Good move to put this heads up here my friend, in case folk haven't heard about it yet.

I can't justify paying the price for any of the more modern Adobe products. If it was better supported I'd still be using Photoshop 7 which I do have and would serve all my needs.
    However I now use Serif PhotoPlusX4 which is a fraction of the price and a solid image manipulation software in its own right. In fact I use Serif products in replacement of all my professional needs. DrawPlusX4 for the vector, PagePlusX5 for the dtp and WebPlusX5 for site building. I also find them all much more user friendly than Adobe wares - but have to admit to be a congenital idiot with anything technical. Even ImagineFX magazine has given them the thumbs up in the last year or so.

Adobe is used throughout the industry and is seen as a standard, but if you are a freelancer on a budget particularly in the UK where they charge even more for their wares, it is not the only solution.
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

Ooh Painter 12 eh, Henry? I have it on order at Amazon but they are a bit slow. It sounded like a worthwhile upgrade, and as a pro felt I ought to have it loaded - but didn't get on with version 11 at all, much preferring version 10 which was faster and more reliable on my system.
    I'm not as into photography as my wife so haven't used RAW yet. How good is PhotoPlus at dealing with it? I do know it has the capability. I have no problem admitting Adobe may still be the leader for stuff like that. I love DrawPlus too even though I'm not a vector guy. So easy to use compared to Illustrator.

Are you going in for the Drawing Day on the 5th, particularly with regard to the Serif site and submitting a DrawPlus drawing? I hope to if I'm near my system.

Could I ask that you start a new thread and talk a bit about Painter 12 and how it compares both to previous versions from Corel and to ArtRage as well. Not suggesting any sort of promo of course. AR rules. Just curious as I'm sure others will be too.
    Last edited by Nickillus; 06-01-2011 at 11:44 PM.
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

Good stuff guys. Keep pointing out the alternatives you think are worth mentioning. These type of posts are of great help to anyone interested in this area of art imho.

Looks like you can be ready to rock and roll for a couple of hundred quid instead of a couple of thousand and maybe this subscription is Adobe reaction to this fact.

Edit to add.

Nick

Which would you suggest. Sketchbook Pro or Drawplus???
    Last edited by Chuckart; 06-01-2011 at 11:56 PM.

Thanks Nick and Henry for the heads up. I'm now the proud owner of Artrage Studio Pro AND PhotoplusX4

Guys above, thanks. I found this very helpful.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4