ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: grandaughter #2 Charli

grandaughter #2 Charli

Finally lol..I would love to hear any critique.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	charlie..gramdaughter2.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	56306  
    .................................................. .............................
    There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.
    – Author Unknown

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

Your Granddaughter is very cute! I think your painting is very good. My only critique would be the contrast of the face. On my monitor I'm having a hard time seeing her nose and other features. If you compare the pic of her you can see what I mean. Otherwise I think you've captured her charm very well.
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

I would have to agree with Jibes on her nose. Otherwise a completely charming painting of a beautiful little girl
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

THANK YOU

I had the same problem when i was painting her..if my screen was upright i could braely see the colours..yet if i tilted it too far back the colour just wasnt right...lol
    .................................................. .............................
    There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.
    – Author Unknown

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

Oh how adorable she is! There is also the options in the AR task bar to change or enhance contrast, brightness, color, etc. if you feel you need it. Wonderful painting!

What a sweetie, you are off to a great start now perhaps add some shading to show the contours of her face

I have experienced the same problem trying to get a good view at a brightly lit subject. Suggestion: Use layers..
    start out with a darker color base for her face, with it serving as the base shadow. Then use a lighter color over it to make highlight and contrast. Then as needed, add layers of dark and light in appropriate places until you have the look you want. I think it makes it easier to see what you are doing.
    Regardless, it's very well done indeed.
    Last edited by barnburner; 05-31-2011 at 02:28 AM.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

You performed very well on the portrait and Your grandaughter is such a cheerful beauty that she really deserved this effort.
    I just see the need to improve the tonal range (one way is to duplicate the layer and even set the blend mode multiply in case, then trimming the above layer transparecy) and the color contrast (here You may work on another layer and give some appropriate glazes rather than using photomanipulation programmes).
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

What a sweet little girl.
    Val
    Valerie

What a beautiful smile your grand-daughter has Moosie, keep at it and I am sure you will get there as it is looking very good.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307