ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scorpion Tree bends against winds of optimism

Scorpion Tree bends against winds of optimism

there is a lot I could say about this painting...how I got the title all the analogies and metaphors.. but I will leave you to develop your own ideas and interpretations.... I worked on this for over a week... just couldn't seem to get what I want down...until today.. hope you like the final result..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scorpion tree.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	442.7 KB 
ID:	56173  

Very beautiful Ghx, and very philosophical as well. Makes me think of these televised deceivers.

alexandra - yes they are the "scorpion trees" in our world...

My quite simple interpretation, away from an artistic style links standpoint, and limited decrypting capability show me a desert echosystem under a bright and very hot sun.
    I feel thirsty, overheated and the slightly abrasive touch of the grains of an almost burning sandy ground.
    But life is present there too, with its colors and charm, its rebellion to growing enthropy, decadence, disorder rules, an hard-won type of existence, so apparently frail, but always irreducible, invincle, diehard too.
    Plenty of ways to decline and apply this picture and the various elements to more specific situations and messages then ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Caesar - very nice interpretation .. I always always enjoy your comments and observations... many thanks

Gary, always love your artistic desire to create a painting that you can look at, and interpet so many different ways, it is in the eye of the beholder to imagine what he or she can imagine, and all those beautiful colors you use makes your paintings so delightful to stare at and see what you want to see........great work

pat - thanks for the wonderful words of encouragement.. so glad you like this..

Stunning visually, gxh! I enjoy thinking through abstracts, but Im generally at a loss on how to comment on them. I guess that puts me in the camp of "I dont know much about art, but I know what I like."
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Gary as always great colours and shapes, this makes me think of .. sun hats, sun lotion, towels, etc on a hot sunfilled day on a beach somewhere

scottf and justjean.... thanks for taking a peek at this... glad you liked it