Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Undo/Redo bugs?

Gallery
    View images

Undo/Redo bugs?

In this thread, I'd like users to post places where undo/redo doesn't work as expected.
    The goal behind the undo/redo system is to preserve everything that affects the produced painting, so that if you were to undo all the way back to the beginning, and then redo all the way to the end, the resulting painting would be exactly the same as before you started the undo.

So if you find anything that doesn't undo/redo that affects the painting, please post it in this thread! Please give as many details about the problem as you can - sometimes it can take several steps to produce the problem and we need to be able to reproduce it here to fix it.

It can sometimes help to post screenshots of the problems as well.

Thanks - anything you post here will help to make ArtRage better!
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images

Layer blending undo/redo problem.

Jacktar highlighted one undo/redo problem:
    Layer Blending modes dont undo/redo. To reproduce the problem: Paint some detail, add a layer, set the top layer blend mode to 'darken', paint mid grey in the top layer to darken detail beneath. Undo to beginning, then redo to end. Result is top layer is a normal layer, rather than a Darken layer.

Similarly layer opacity and layer visibility aren't in the undo system.

Gallery
    View images
    I was experimenting with a skyscape yesterday, where I used a drybrush to blend it all out (58% pressure, 25% thinners, 0% loading - duh, 39% tool size, auto-dry off).

After repeated trying, I decided one blending it all in one go - without lifting my graphics pen. After that, I decided I wanted to see where it made the most of a difference. After repeatedly undoing/redoing (big canvas, 2250x3000px), it simply stopped at an undo. I was unable to redo it, neither through Ctrl+Y nor through the edit menu.

I run Windows XP Home Edition with the latest free version of ArtRage. I have, however, not been able to recreate this error, and it could very well have been an issue with something other than ArtRage. In case nothing in the code indicates that this issue could exist, that's most likely it, but I figured I'd report it in any case.

Gallery
    View images
    Hi,

I was painting and then I decided to rescale the canvas.
    After the resizing operation and a few strokes I saw that the character I was painting where cropped by the rescale, so I did 3 or 4 undos to back to the original size of my canvas.

So what happen is that I lost everything =(
    My canvas just back to the original bg color... and all my strokes just desapear! =(

when I ctrl+z the strokes where restored, but just in a very small tile... and with undo I'll just go back to my painting in the beginning =|

I dont know if I explained it well... so here's an image after the resize>strokes>and a few undos.
    If I redo everything he just "hide" this small tiles.

Gallery
    View images
    Another one...

After finish my paint I decided to make a video since the beginning, recording my screen. So I hold ctrl+z until I get my empty canvas.

When repeating the commands I did, Artrage doesn't remember which blend mode I used for the layer, so in the end I just get this white mass:
    (that was suposed to be a "color" blend mode to desaturate my colors under the painting).

Thanks.

Gallery
    View images
    hey
    anybody there!?!?!?!?

Gallery
    View images
    I'm always here.
    Your undo bug relating to layer blend modes has been added to the bug database. Thanks for reporting it.

Gallery
    View images
    hi, im new to the forum, actually came on here to see if there was an undo bug solution.....

My first pencil stroke was undoable.. im using the full version.. this just randomly started happening 2 days ago..

besides this small problem, awsome software, im having tons of fun!!

Gallery
    View images
    This bug never happened to me before, because I don't use that much.

I don't need that infinite undos. Maybe set a '32 undos', like which in Photoshop, will free more RAM and speed up the painting process.

We can also have sort of 'process recording' function in the future edition, like which in OpenCanvas.

Gallery
    View images

undo/redo bugs

Hi, I'm using the latest art rage, and the occasional undo bugs I've noticed are, sometimes I have the option to undo but nothing actually happens, and sometimes the undo will skip the last step I did and undo the steps before it.

Thanks!